Get to try out my bear paws today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I'm interested in your thoughts on the Bear Paws. I looked hard at them when I started qing but many people said they just use dinner forks ( which is what I've been using ever since) and some said they (paws) got pretty slippery whilst using them...

must.....not....post.....on...every............thread....arghhhhh.......
please describe result.......um....MOLEY MOLEY MOLEY!

I thought they were "Bear Claws".Am I wrong? Bear Paws is too cute! Personally, I don't pull. I chop. They do this alot in the Carolinas. I break apart all the meat. Discard excess fat and bone and chopp with two cleavers. Pulling is too much work for me. Chopping makes a more consistant product for sandwhiches with a better mix of Mr Brown and Mrs White!

Bear Paws

bearpawslg.jpg

Badly named product. They are obviously "Claws" ,not "paws." It is like the difference between "mouth" and "teeth".

Woodbrain, I must reluctantly agree with you on the chopped vs. pulled. I like a coarse chop...however, there are q joints that actually mince the meat...which leads to dry q. Of course, there are people that like it this way......one more reason why I'm scared of competitions....q preferences are so varied.

Im no stranger to the bear claws....I like um to pull my prk, move turkeys, roasts etc...a good, cheap tool...(not unlike myself)

GlennR said:
I double up on those yellow kitchen gloves and pull by hand. When I'm too lazy I chop with my Forschener Cleaver. This happens often as I really am lazy.

Glenn , go to www.texasbbqrub.com and buy some of their bqq gloves. they are FANTASTIC. I swear by them! BBQ 101 just called and told me he is comin over your place next weekend. He is cool. He is driving me down to get my pit. Have fun! Woodman

Was just going to say get the gloves off the Texas BBQ Rub site...that's what I use to pull pork and they work GREAT!!!

Glenn's having a party? What did I miss??? :?

Oh, I see...I'm not in the inner circle........ :roll:

Geeeeezzzz...I miss outbursts, I miss parties....Im gonna have to quit my job to be here full time !

Back
Top Bottom