Frozen Few practice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
With a good North wind blowing tonight I figured it was practice time.
2 butts at a total of14lbs. went on the WSM at midnight.
I hate winter but I love cooking in it.
Two things that bug me tonight are, I have no wind block set up, and I have no snowbanks (ala' Wittdog) to keep the beers cold.
We'll see how it goes.

It's cold everywhere now...I can't wait to see how it came out!!! Lookin good so far!!! :D

Nick Prochilo said:
Puff, it's damn near 40* in the 1 pic! How is that cold? :LOL: Looks like your off to a great start, keep us posted!
It was 30* plus the wind chill :?

Butts are at 168* and the WSM is chugging along perfectly between 149* &152*. No pics till I pull them. (I don't want to screw up the temp.)
Man I love this cooker!! :D

Puff said:
Nick Prochilo said:
Puff, it's damn near 40* in the 1 pic! How is that cold? :LOL: Looks like your off to a great start, keep us posted!

Butts are at 168* and the WSM is chugging along perfectly between 149* &152*. No pics till I pull them. (I don't want to screw up the temp.)
Puff you sure those temps are right? :LOL:

wittdog said:
Puff said:
Nick Prochilo said:

Who wouldn't love a cooker like that. Meat is 18* hotter then the cooker! Puff's magic WSM! Sounds like the beginning to a new song :shock:

wittdog said:
Puff said:
Nick Prochilo said:

:shock: It's early...only one cup of coffee :oops:
Add 2s to the temps :oops:
(Dave it looks like the sausage temps :shock: )

Looking good! It's 46 and raining here, perfect for cooking. I think I could hang with you frozen guys(about 5 minutes!!)

wittdog said:
You just can't find this type of abuse on other boards. :LOL:

You're right Dave, most people have to pay money to some lady wearing leather boots and holding a whip for this type of abuse.
2.gif

Bruce B said:
wittdog said:
You just can't find this type of abuse on other boards. :LOL:

You're right Dave, most people have to pay money to some lady wearing leather boots and holding a whip for this type of abuse.
2.gif

Or be married :) Way to go Puff. Sounds delicious. Hope that beer is keeping you warm.

Anyone do the Black Friday/Midnight Madness thing? See anyone in tents at your local Best Buy? Kinda amazing. Think I'll buy a tent and bring my WSM along just to experience it.

Way to go Puff. I was in Oregon for five days and returned to Anchorage to find the foot of snow gone and temps above freezing. If the Frozen Few was held this weekend I would have been disqualified (Griff shudders).

Griff said:
Way to go Puff. I was in Oregon for five days and returned to Anchorage to find the foot of snow gone and temps above freezing. If the Frozen Few was held this weekend I would have been disqualified (Griff shudders).

:LOL: The guy from Alaska gets disqualified. Wouldn't that be something!

Butz are pulled and tasting good.
I did something different this time and cooked the top butt fat side down the whole cook. The butt on the bottom grate was fat side down but got rained on with greeze from the top one. I gotta' tell ya' the top one came out real nice, not dry at all. The bottom one was a bit mushy.

That looks great Puff.

I don't think I have ever used my bottom grate.

Fat down is the way I roll on the wsm also. I think I am going to rest with the fat side up next time. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom