Frozen Chuck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScottyDaQ

Master of All
8.75 lb Chuck Roast

Slathered with Zatarains, and rubbed with WRB.

Cooking over Wicked Good Lump, apple, maple, and a little orange (I like the taste of orange with cow).

It happens to be a balmy 4 degrees F.
12-20 inches of snow expected here.
Fricking Hooray! :roll:

Yeah, I used it before. I use it on most everything. Can't say for sure that you can actually taste it once it's done, but I like to think the grains give it a lil something extra.

Yup, pulled beef sammich with Revs n onion !

Rag said:
Do you live on the edge of the artic circle?

Close. 30 minutes from the VT/CA border.

Rollin Rollin Rollin....
WSM steady at 250, cow at 134

.................. ..................

Unity said:
Nice lookin' chuck -- anything over 6-7 lb is real hard to find here. Talk about umami, chuck's got tons of it. :D
--John 8)

John, just go to where ever you get yours, and ask the butcher for a 8 lb'er. If they are cutting them up to put into the case, they'll have em. I very seldom even look at the case. Talk to the guy with the knife ! ;)

ScottyDaQ said:
John, just go to where ever you get yours, and ask the butcher for a 8 lb'er. If they are cutting them up to put into the case, they'll have em. I very seldom even look at the case. Talk to the guy with the knife ! ;)

Sound advice. I usually wait until they are having a sale on chuck and then approach the guy behind the meat case and tell him I want something in the 8 to 10 pound range. Much more often than not, he pulls out a chuck primal that looks to be about 20 to 25 pounds and saws of a hunk.

Zat's mustard is good stuff, I eat it on meatballs.
Gooooooo Da Q!!! lemmy know when ya git low

Shhh.... it's resting!

Made up some fresh Kaiser rolls. Just made a 2 roll batch since I've never tried the recipe before. If I like em, I can make more tomorrow during the storm.

Man... smells great in here !!! BBQ, fresh baked bread.... I'll post sammich pics later... (If I'm sober) or in the morning after I snowblow the driveway !

:evil:

Nick...Kaisers are easy. It's a lean dough. The key is steamy proofing and baking so they get nice and crusty! I'll throw the recipe in the recipe section, and link it later. Mine shoulda been more "poofy", but I blame it on old crappy flour. :LOL:

Man.... Look at the juices!

ScottyDaQ said:
Nick...Kaisers are easy. It's a lean dough. The key is steamy proofing and baking so they get nice and crusty! I'll throw the recipe in the recipe section, and link it later. Mine shoulda been more "poofy", but I blame it on old crappy flour. :LOL:

Man.... Look at the juices!

Excellent!

Back
Top Bottom