Friday Afternoon Cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kloset BBQR

Executive Chef
Cooking today for my company picnic. Got the Fast Eddy, Stumps, and Fatboy fired up. Cooking 15 racks of spares and about 150 pieces of chicken and some baked beans.

Will post pics soon.

Sorry for the delay. I spent most of yesterday recovering from the cook and cleaning up the mess that I made. My first mistake was bringing in the meat inside the house to be sauced and cut. This just created a terrible mess and the kitchen resembled a crime scene in no time. I was so busy I didn't get a chance to get any pictures while the cook was in process. We fed over sixty people. One thing I did learn is that when you fill your cookers to the max, be sure to allow extra time to the cook. I'm always a little paranoid with chicken so I kept it extra cold and cooked it in a separate cooker. The food came out great and everyone raved about it. My two biggest fans of course were my two Golden Retriever pups, Rudy and Silvio. If you look close at Rudy's head you'll notice some BBQ sauce on his face where he did get lucky and caught a piece or two of chicken that hit the floor.

Ribs were cooked in my Fast Eddy Cooker (FEC 100) and Stumps GF 223.

img_156324_0_4f60de1425075a2dc60e81ba4d1bbac3.jpg

Here's a picture of Rudy hoping another Rib will slide of the table. I love the look on his face. Look close and you'll see the sauce on his face.

img_156324_1_75514b20e80adadbad28fee2d3757750.jpg

I cut the ribs into individual servings and placed in large aluminum serving pans that we then ran over to the party. The ribs and chicken were cooked progressively so that the food came off the cooker at different times. That way people arriving at the party throughout the evening got fresh food.

img_156324_2_613ac824fb5d5f151dbb84846c39edb6.jpg

Sorry for the delay. I spent most of yesterday recovering from the cook and cleaning up the mess that I made. My first mistake was bringing in the meat inside the house to be sauced and cut. This just created a terrible mess and the kitchen resembled a crime scene in no time. I was so busy I didn't get a chance to get any pictures while the cook was in process. We fed over sixty people. One thing I did learn is that when you fill your cookers to the max, be sure to allow extra time to the cook. I'm always a little paranoid with chicken so I kept it extra cold and cooked it in a separate cooker (Backwoods Fatboy). The food came out great and everyone raved about it. My two biggest fans of course were my two Golden Retriever pups, Rudy and Silvio. If you look close at Rudy's head you'll notice some BBQ sauce on his face where he did get lucky and caught a piece or two of chicken that hit the floor.

Ribs were cooked in my Fast Eddy Cooker (FEC 100) and Stumps GF 223.

img_156325_0_4f60de1425075a2dc60e81ba4d1bbac3.jpg

Here's a picture of Rudy hoping another Rib will slide of the table. I love the look on his face. Look close and you'll see the sauce on his face.

img_156325_1_75514b20e80adadbad28fee2d3757750.jpg

I cut the ribs into individual servings and placed in large aluminum serving pans that we then ran over to the party. The ribs and chicken were cooked progressively so that the food came off the cooker at different times. That way people arriving at the party throughout the evening got fresh food.

img_156325_2_613ac824fb5d5f151dbb84846c39edb6.jpg

Here's a picture of the chicken. I only cooked thights and legs.

img_156325_3_80f25c9684d24a0b55352f825011121b.jpg

All in all a very good time. Next time I'll set up the work station outside to control the mess.

Looking real good from here Dallas.
Your little buddy patiently waiting is the best. :D

Back
Top Bottom