Freeze your meat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
I've never had any in the freezer for that long, but at shorter times I am always amazed at the smokey taste when you open the vac pack bag.
They claim it will last longer than that without freezer burn.

I've had PP vac sealed and frozen for close to a year ~ Just like it was cooked today when I nuked it.

If you really feel concerned about freezer burn you could vacuum them and then add a layer or two of plain ole white freezer paper on top of the vac pack. That extra insulation should insure they'll be fine.

BFD

I'm with the Joker on this. I've had pulled pork vacuum sealed for six months and you couldn't tell it from frozen last week pulled pork. I'm curious what others with more experience say about brisket.

Griff

I have had brisket 6 months in vacumn, pulled pork 8 months, chicken 6 months and leg of lamb 1 year. All were just like the day I put them in there!

They'll be fine, that's probably the biggest selling point of vacum sealers, is that your food will last longer when frozen. I, also, have had BBQ that has been in the freezer past 6 months and it is fine.

BFD...it has to be a mandatory item to buy when you get a pit. The FoodSaver is the best money I every spent!! :D

You WON'T regret it!!! :(

Sounds like you might already have one but if you don't, GET ONE! LOL! Ours paid for it self in less than a year with buying in bulk at Sam's and cooking larger amounts. :(

Burnt Food Dude said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":2i2nsu8s]HMMMMMM...sounds like you need an upgrade?? :)

It can wait. I'm saving the money to buy 2 more WSMs and another Guru. Maybe 2 more Mavs.[/quote:2i2nsu8s]YEAH! Good choice, if the FS is working like new! :(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom