? for those who foil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When we pull our brisket form the smoker we leave it tightly wrapped with juces and then place it a Cambro for holding. When I took one of Myron's classes he advocated keeping the wrapped meat in a sleeping bag because his theory was the meat will continue to cook if placed in a cooler. I got good results from resting in the bag but had to change to the cambro because the dogs were constatantly trying to get into that bag. :D Save the juices later for painting the meat or for making a sauce for your brisket and burnt ends.

I noticed that the last chuck I did was all but completely submerged in juice when I took it off the smoker. Some of it soaked back into the meat.

I have also noticed that on nearly every cook, one of my wrapped cuts will blow a tire and soak the towel with juice.

I belive the meat cooks a while in the cooler and thought that it may be best to drain some of the juice off so the meat doesn't boil in the juice.

I made ribs yesterday, when I took the ribs out of the foil I dumped it in to my baked beans that were cooking underneath! :D

We go right from the cooker into the Cambro. Alot of those wonderful juices will be re-absorbed into the Brisket in the Cambro, leaving plenty for you to use when preparing the slices for the turn-in box

sawdustguy said:
We go right from the cooker into the Cambro. Alot of those wonderful juices will be re-absorbed into the Brisket in the Cambro, leaving plenty for you to use when preparing the slices for the turn-in box

Ditto and for reheating for caters!!

I will pour the juices out of the foil before I slice my brisket. Then once I've sliced pour some of the liquid onto the slices to keep moist.

Well I start out with a mop/sop and add a little when its time wrap the brisket (not much maybe a cup per brisket) After it fully tenders up I let it cool down for about an hour then drain and defat the liquid. When cool enough to handle slice and reassemble the brisket in the same order it was cut with all the slices touching...adding more fresh sop/mop to the defatted liquid to bring it up to about the same quantities if you aint got quite enough pure defatted juice..being sure to sorta ruffle the slices to get a little juice between the slices. Wrap it up tight and chill it if you have time. If not just bring it back up to temps and stick it back in the hot box till its time to serve.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom