Foodsaver Heads Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big dude

Sous Chef
I know most users of Foodsaver are very positive toward it's use as the way to store and reheat product - and I've always had the same thoughts. Yesterday for a party, I reheated several bags of meat in simmering water and one of them failed along a manufacturers seam. A few times the water boiled and that may have done it, but just wanted to give you all a heads up that they can fail. :(

I had one FoodSaver bag fail along a factory seam, I'm pretty sure it did, anyhow, but the other failures have been because of a poor seal that I was responsible for. Like Cliff, I do a lot of double-sealing.

--John
(Of course, some of the incomplete seals could be because I'm using an aging, superseded model that cost $58 new.)

I just got thru freezing 5 dozen ears of corn. The liquid that the foodsaver pulls out of the corn even on the moist setting is enough to cool the seal plate to the point that one seal will not hold.

Using seal-a-meal bags won't hold after two seals some times.

I double seal as well. After the first seal, I wipe the area where the next seal is gonna be to make sure there isn't any crap to interfear with the second seal.

Back
Top Bottom