food saver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris1237

Sous Chef
I am looking to get one of those vacuum seeler things. Is the food saver home one the way to go? Also can I use the knock off bags with them or do I have to use the food saver bags? I also would like to have one for this one for this weekend. So is there a place where i can just drive to buy one?

Thanks
Chris

if you have a kohls by you they always have them on sale. I have never used anybody elses bags,

Foodsaver seems to be the brand that everyone likes and can afford. Tilia makes them and Sears has a brand made by them I believe. Sam's carries a model always and places like Bed Bath and Beyond also cary them. I suggest comparing their different foodsavers and find one that meets your needs (there use to be a comparison chart to make this easy but I can't find it)

There are a few off brand bags that work with Tilia ~ They have to have the channels (not the totally smooth bags) in them to work though.

Thanks for the advice guys. I ended up getting the v2400 from foodsaver. Plan to try it out this weekend on some pulled pork ill be cooking up sunday.

I bought 2 over the winter on ebay and paid less then $50 for both with shipping. One is the 300 model which I like and one is a better model something like 375. I don't like it as much as the entry level one. They both were new without directions or boxes. I keep one in my comp cooking bin.

John,

That is a great model, I have the 550 I believe and you have to hold two buttons down on the machine for it to oeprate, the one in you link is hands free. Otherwise it's just a matter of how many options you want.

Your link has the bag roll holder/cutter internally, I had to buy buy one to go with my machine.

You won't regret the purchase.

It's at $44.00 now with shipping...cheapest Ive found so far on line was $64.00 plus $12. shipping..got 2 hours left...still snooping around

I got mine at the BJ's Club here last week. I love it. I got the set that came with extra rolls of the bag material and some bowls. I used it for some chicken and hops for the beer. So far so good.

Back
Top Bottom