Follow up to brisket question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smoke

Assistant Cook
So after the answers to my recent brisket question ( http://www.bbq-4-u.com/forum/f9/war...g-it-out-or-other-bad-side-effects-22909.html ), my wife and I now think we should smoke the brisket same day as the party.

A big issue with this is that we cannot really keep the smoker going during the party due to little kids that will be there and me not wanting to play babysister and keeping them away from the hot smoker.

So we were wondering if we could get a comparable taste by smoking the brisket some number of hours first and then moving to the oven to finish. Will this get near the same flavor as being smoked the whole time? If so, how long should we do in smoker and when to move to oven? Also, should we wrap in foil and such when moving?

Thanks again!

Cook it until it's finish. Wrap it in a double layer of foil (You should already wrapped it in a layer) Stick it in a cooler with newspaper stuffed in every nook and cranny and it will stay hot for 10 hours!

Well as much as I try to shy away from agreeing with large floppy breasted men folks..yep what Nick said. You can also cook it a year two in advance and reheat on D Day. That is another strategy. lol

Keeping meat warm for extended periods, I would more than happy to let Nick be the Royal Food Taster. Consider food safety for guests other than Nick.

Keeping meat warm for extended periods, I would more than happy to let Nick be the Royal Food Taster. Consider food safety for guests other than Nick.

It will stay above the 140* mark for a long time. I've done them and pulled pork lots of times this way and you can't handle the meat when it comes out.

When transferring from smoker to tin foil, what would you recommend using to ensure it does not dry out? I have got recommendations of spraying apple juice to making a mix of oil/vinegar/water.

The apple juice squirting is a crazy yankee thing. You need a good mop/sop as I seems to recall started the convocation. This is the one I like best along with some general instructiions on how to use it. Cook the brisket fat side down and mop it when feasible with hot mop applied with a SS tablespoon. Only mop when you have the lid off for some other reason. When it comes time to wrap add a cup of the selfsame stuff. Now when the foil is laid out throw a handful of rub and a half a handful of brown sugar on it and lay the brisket on there lean side down..dump the mop and put it to sleep. Si si?

http://www.bbq-4-u.com/forum/f12/walter-jettons-mop-sauce-slightly-tweaked-small-batch-20479.html

The apple juice squirting is a crazy yankee thing. You need a good mop/sop as I seems to recall started the convocation. This is the one I like best along with some general instructiions on how to use it. Cook the brisket fat side down and mop it when feasible with hot mop applied with a SS tablespoon. Only mop when you have the lid off for some other reason. When it comes time to wrap add a cup of the selfsame stuff. Now when the foil is laid out throw a handful of rub and a half a handful of brown sugar on it and lay the brisket on there lean side down..dump the mop and put it to sleep. Si si?

http://www.bbq-4-u.com/forum/f12/walter-jettons-mop-sauce-slightly-tweaked-small-batch-20479.html

Yup, this will work!

Cook it until it's finish. Wrap it in a double layer of foil (You should already wrapped it in a layer) Stick it in a cooler with newspaper stuffed in every nook and cranny and it will stay hot for 10 hours!

I do this too, only I keep it in one of those Roaster Ovens. I set the temp for 150 and it stays hot until you are ready to slice and serve. In my most recent case, the holding time was a little over 12 hours! The brisket was hot, sliced very well and tasted amazing. The first time I did this I thought the brisket would continue to cook and be overcooked because I cook my briskets to 205, but it didn't. You should give this approach a try... don't be scare't! :D

Well I know what I do works for me, you should just try multiple things, and find what works for you.
If anyone ever asks for advice about anything, tell them this^ and you will always be right.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom