Fixens for pulled pork sandwich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey Lew

Head Chef
Just finished pulling the pork on my first pork butt and it came out delicious. Are there any suggestions on the best ways to incorporate the pork into sandwiches? What kind of dressing or mop goes good with the sandwich. How do you guys like eating them? Any special side dishes? I hate to admit it, but I never had a pulled pork sandwich before. :oops:

There's a thread around here somewhere with lots of good slaw recipes, I did a search and couldn't find it so maybe someone else knows where it is.

Smokey Lew said:
Just finished pulling the pork on my first pork butt and it came out delicious. Are there any suggestions on the best ways to incorporate the pork into sandwiches? What kind of dressing or mop goes good with the sandwich. How do you guys like eating them? Any special side dishes? I hate to admit it, but I never had a pulled pork sandwich before. :oops:

I like to get cheep burger buns. Put pork then bbq sauce then cole slaw and thats it!
My Slaw tastes a bit like KFC. (hay Im from California, There is just no market for the vinigar based stuff out here)
1/2 cup Mayo,
1/2 cup Sugar,
2 tsp (give or take) Cider Vinigar.
2 tsp Kosher salt
2 tsp Black Pepper and a dash of whole milk!
Mix with a mixer for about 5 minutes. Best if mayo is new from the store. Sugar desolves better when it's room temp.
Mix with one of them bags of pre cut cabbage. Bag is about 12"X12". Dont remember the oz.
Chill in the fridge before serving.

Enjoy
Mike

the traditional North Carolina bbq sandwich needs no improvements.

Simply bbq, slaw, maybe a pickle on top. cheap hamburger buns
are fine. No point in making great bbq and covering up the taste
with lettuce, tomato, etc

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom