FIRST WSM COOK COMPLETED !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well guess we gonna need some additional butt pics on this deal:) Now the Warden has grilling down pat. When the Gulf Light runs out and the three foot flames have subsided the steaks are done.

hawk wild bbq co said:
I really think you need to pack your bags and I will pack my bags and we can meet somewhere around Oregon or somewhere...lol. I would love to have a woman that enjoys bbq like you do, my wife does not even cook let alone attempt to run a smoker.

hahaha my husband won't cook at home either ! :roll:
How about Eastern WA? I'll be heading down that way to spend a few months with my horses.... you ever build a smokehouse before, that's my next project :D ;)

Karen, PM wittdog about building a smokehouse. This search engine doesn't work very well, but Dave Witt has a great thread about building his smokehouse designed with sausage in mind.

Griff said:
Karen, PM wittdog about building a smokehouse. This search engine doesn't work very well, but Dave Witt has a great thread about building his smokehouse designed with sausage in mind.

Thanks Griff !

friesian_rain said:
[quote="hawk wild bbq co":32eath96]I really think you need to pack your bags and I will pack my bags and we can meet somewhere around Oregon or somewhere...lol. I would love to have a woman that enjoys bbq like you do, my wife does not even cook let alone attempt to run a smoker.

How about Eastern WA? I'll be heading down that way to spend a few months with my horses.... you ever build a smokehouse before, that's my next project :D ;)[/quote:32eath96]

Here is another good "Smokehouse" project.

bbquzz said:
friesian_rain said:
[quote="hawk wild bbq co":4hz4y1h0]I really think you need to pack your bags and I will pack my bags and we can meet somewhere around Oregon or somewhere...lol. I would love to have a woman that enjoys bbq like you do, my wife does not even cook let alone attempt to run a smoker.

How about Eastern WA? I'll be heading down that way to spend a few months with my horses.... you ever build a smokehouse before, that's my next project :D ;)
[/quote:4hz4y1h0]

Here is another good "Smokehouse" project.[/quot

Thanks; I looked it over quickly, almost :? looks like I could do it hahaha won't know until I try....

All a person needs on this deal is a upright box. For whut it would cost to build an old timey outbuilding type smokehouse a lot of cases of the Debils Jurine and Yukon Jack might be purchased. Just trying to cover all the bases here.

bigwheel said:
All a person needs on this deal is a upright box. For whut it would cost to build an old timey outbuilding type smokehouse a lot of cases of the Debils Jurine and Yukon Jack might be purchased. Just trying to cover all the bases here.

hahaha thanks bigwheel ! Something to think about, I do like my "drink".... ;) That reminds me, I haven't had a "Snakebite" in long time; better go get some Yukon Jack !

closest I been to bulding a smokehouse was filling my house with smoke christmas eve a few years back. Tried to get a fire going in fireplace but it wouldnt light so I put wood in pail and sat on hearth...needless to say the damn thing decided to light in the middle of the night...wife wont let me forget that one of course.

Hey Frezsian..we got to nipping on that Yukon Jack one time out trying to slay Bambi's Mama. About the 3rd big sip I was ready to head to town for Bloody Marys and a few beers. This was around daylight. Thinking the few inhabitants of the vast wasteland of the frozen North might be a bad influence on folks:) Now have you ever shot rats off the high line wires at night with a Daisy Pump BB Gun? If not you should try it. Sorta the S. Texas version of Moose Hunting. You get to sit in a lawnchair and have a cooler full of Dr. Pooper or whutever right by your side. Chance of getting kilt by an avalanche or a mad Mama Grizzly is about zilch.

hawk wild bbq co said:
closest I been to bulding a smokehouse was filling my house with smoke christmas eve a few years back. Tried to get a fire going in fireplace but it wouldnt light so I put wood in pail and sat on hearth...needless to say the damn thing decided to light in the middle of the night...wife wont let me forget that one of course.

:shock: Not that kind of smokehouse ! You didn't set the house on fire did you?!

bigwheel said:
Hey Frezsian..we got to nipping on that Yukon Jack one time out trying to slay Bambi's Mama. About the 3rd big sip I was ready to head to town for Bloody Marys and a few beers. This was around daylight. Thinking the few inhabitants of the vast wasteland of the frozen North might be a bad influence on folks:) Now have you ever shot rats off the high line wires at night with a Daisy Pump BB Gun? If not you should try it. Sorta the S. Texas version of Moose Hunting. You get to sit in a lawnchair and have a cooler full of Dr. Pooper or whutever right by your side. Chance of getting kilt by an avalanche or a mad Mama Grizzly is about zilch.

Hey, we have to stay warm somehow up here, Yukon Jack, tequila, whatever it takes :D
No shooting at rats here, just road signs as we're driving down the road with a full cooler of "thirst quenchers" hahaha
When you're behind the wheel you can out drive the avalanches and grizzly bears !

Nope didnt set the house on fire...but of course damn fire dept showed up and eveyone in the neighborhood was out to see what was going on...lol

Hey we was traveling through Arkieville one time and happened to pass the city limit sign for a town called Hope. Whew that sign had more holes in it than a screen door. Think they finally took it down to prevent collateral damage to those who hung out down range.

Smokey Lew said:
Good looking butts FR. My dogs love it when I use my WSM. They're a great help with the clean up!

I have been looking for an easy way to clean up my drippings pan...

1. what kinda dogs do you recommend?
2. how long until you let them back in the house?

hawk wild bbq co said:
Nope didnt set the house on fire...but of course damn fire dept showed up and eveyone in the neighborhood was out to see what was going on...lol

Don't you hate that ?! Darn neighbors....... send up a little smoke, fire trucks show up, neighbors have nothing better to do than to come out and "gape" ! LOL Glad you didn't burn down the house !

johnm said:
Smokey Lew said:
Good looking butts FR. My dogs love it when I use my WSM. They're a great help with the clean up!

I have been looking for an easy way to clean up my drippings pan...

1. what kinda dogs do you recommend?
2. how long until you let them back in the house?

I'm going to jump in here with MHO...... Corgis..... labs are a bit rough, and end up packing pans away; mini-dachshunds are just too short to get into the pan; but corgis, now they can't pack the pan away, they reach the inside just perfectly, and they finish the job! I leave them outside for at least 24 hours, or at least long enough for a good "cleansing cycle".

NOTE: I never have to clean the outside of any of my grills or smokers; never even have to pick up any charcoal or wood pieces on the ground ! :)

I would love to hear Lew's opinion on this...

Wow Freizsan...whut a pack of sled dawgs you got there:) Think I see Balto in the middle. Not sure why the anal retentive types insist on cleaning a steenken water pan. All it takes is turn it upside down and fill er up next time. Everybody wants to get complicated these days seems like. Maybe a bit antiseptic or something.

bigwheel said:
Wow Freizsan...whut a pack of sled dawgs you got there:) Think I see Balto in the middle. Not sure why the anal retentive types insist on cleaning a steenken water pan. All it takes is turn it upside down and fill er up next time. Everybody wants to get complicated these days seems like. Maybe a bit antiseptic or something.

....they're my buddies; and they keep the bears away, well, most of the time anyway :roll: hahaha ya, better get out the antibacterial soap and disinfectant for that water pan ;)

Back
Top Bottom