First WSM cook...added the pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary in VA

Head Chef
Last night at 9:00 I plopped on two 10 lb briskets on the new WSM.. i figure.. why not test this thing out right... I put them on when the dome temp hit 220 and by 11:00 it had leveled out to about 245... I went to bed and didnt bother the thing til 7:00 am this morning. THe temp at that time was 208, brisket was at 156, after a little stir of the coals and adding a lil more charcoal, the temp was back up.

the first brisket came off at 11:30 (bottom) and the other one at 1:30 pm.. i gave each one 2 hours in foil in the cooler. Both were the most tender briskets I have cooked. Could have been a bit juicer.. I normally foil brisket flats at 170 but did not foil these whole packers.

overall I am very pleased with the WSM and especially the ability to get some sleeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

ok.. here are the pics

Sounds like a successful cook..can't wait to see the pics to verify it actually happened..lol (no pics, no cook)...

I was thrilled with my first overnight WSM cook..I still got up every hour for the first few to check on it...habit from the ol' stick burner...

Isn't it great!
I think Finney (He used to post here) coined the phrase.
We're Sleepin' Man 8)

trimmed the fat cap down a little bit.. cooked it point down ...

The bark was pretty tough.. I may try the next one with fat cap up and point down...

Was the most tender brisket I had ever cooked.. but maybe not the most moist, since I didn't foil at 170 like I would normally foil a flat on my lang.

but I tell ya one thing... a person could fall in love with that chopped point on a sammich... ummmmm goooood

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom