First time pulled pork on wsm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I put on a 6 1/2 lb shoulder on my wsm at 2:00 am.I used the minion method . SHould i just set it and forget it? Add more wood chunks every hour? do any of you spray it with apple juice? if so, how far into the smoke?Also how long does the water last? I have the top vent full open and the bottom 3 open a liitle less than a quarter of the way

OK, easy there seabiscuit. First off, how many wood chunks did you start with and what kind of wood? You "can" spray with apple juice at the half way point of your cook and then again at the half-way point and then again at the half way point, example: 10 hour cook- spray at 5 hours then 2.5, then 1.25 etc. You don't have to spray though, pork butts have sufficient fat to keep them moist. Are you using the Weber water pan or the Brinkmann pan in your cooker? If using the Weber, once you get your temps stabilized and you want to sleep, just top off the pan and go to bed. If using the Brinkmann and you were full when you started it should be fine.

Any other questions?

I an using hickory about 5 chunks. I have the stock wber pan

I am just about to go to bed now that it is set. My next question is about a rack of spare that i am gonna do when i get up. Should i mover the pork to the top rack and put the ribs on the bottom or vice versa

The butt has been on for 7 1/2 hours and has plateau at 160. I threw the spare on at 9:00 hopefully they will finish at the same time approx 3:00

Have you checked your fuel supply? I like to add a few chunks when it gets low, but before it runs out. If you've still got glowing embers, you don't even have to light them..just toss a few on top of the lit coals if you think you'll need more.

I did add a few . I dont have a thermo on it but when i woke up this morning the fire on but low and alot of unburned coals, i stoked it and it has been good ever since

Ooops, sorry I got here late, I would have thrown a couple of chunks of wood on with the ribs when they were thrown on for some smoke flavor in the ribs!

I did, i would never deprive my ribs BTW the pork and the ribs were the best we ever had.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom