first smoke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gordon1

Senior Cook
wish me luck ;) ribs are going on in a few....

4 or so pounds of baby backs. rubbed them down last night. three different rubs. first one a "kanas city" from smoke and spice. other two are both different "memphis" rubs. I tweaked them all a bit.

img_80701_0_246d4861b32ad8bbce8b6d2a3f247cba.jpg

img_80701_1_28d3cb9605e436932a1df793892ccade.jpg

img_80701_2_ccaea3bc38edc53db89805c52753f248.jpg

I see you are properly equiped with fire (thirst) extingushing liquid...always make mine taste better! Get 'er done.

Gator

Good looking bones Gordon!! Man I haven't had a PBR in years! I didn't know they still made em'! I remember drinking those when I was a kid!!! Have one for me!!

I have to agree with Puff once again, it all looks great except that beer! We marched in a FD parade 2 years ago for a neighboring dept. They were serving us that crap for nothing after the parade. I just went home! BTW, in the second picture, if we get Scotty to zoom in, we can get the secret recipe to Gordons rub! :LOL: Nice job Gordon!

no secret they are on the interweb ;) oh and I love pbr. I like good beer too but honestly the only place I drink anything else is at work (I work at a local brewery and we have some great IPA's)

Finney said:
gordon said:
no secret they are on the interweb ;) oh and I love pbr. I like good beer too but honestly the only place I drink anything else is at work (I work at a local brewery and we have some great IPA's)
You made Highlands? That's from Asheville, right?

that is from here. I work at a smaller local micro brewery called asheville pizza and brewing co. we don't even do kegs yet (except for employees) won't be long though. I mostly just deliver pizza but it's a great place to work.

gordon said:
Finney said:
gordon said:
You made Highlands? That's from Asheville, right?

that is from here. I work at a smaller local micro brewery called asheville pizza and brewing co. we don't even do kegs yet (except for employees) won't be long though. I mostly just deliver pizza but it's a great place to work.

I'll look up the pizza place next time I come to town. I love Asheville and go as often as the schedule allows. Wish I could find a job that would afford me living there.

How'd the ribs turn out?

about four and half-five hours

the two on the right are the first kc rub. they were the best we thought. on the left at the top is the last rub and on the bottom is the second rub, i really liked the top left. lots of brown sugar

img_80833_0_efb4782981e19e95ef53f6f1d3915a60.jpg

img_80833_1_472555a26843ff286fdb957a80a3258a.jpg

so good!! no need for sauce at all. I didn't want any in the first place but my girl did so we made one from the smoke and spice book. it was nasty. not one of the guest even tried to use it cause it wasn't needed. one of my good friends that ate with us was a vegetarian for years until about three weeks ago. nothing like seeing a former vegi killing some ribs off the bone ;)

gordon said:
about four and half-five hours

the two on the left are the first kc rub. they were the best we thought. on the left at the top is the last rub and on the bottom is the second rub, i really liked the top left. lots of brown sugar

img_80836_0_efb4782981e19e95ef53f6f1d3915a60.jpg

img_80836_1_472555a26843ff286fdb957a80a3258a.jpg

so good!! no need for sauce at all. I didn't want any in the first place but my girl did so we made one from the smoke and spice book. it was nasty. not one of the guest even tried to use it cause it wasn't needed. one of my good friends that ate with us was a vegetarian for years until about three weeks ago. nothing like seeing a former vegi killing some ribs off the bone ;)

Gotta love that :D

A little dark, but that the sugar in your rub. My bias. not a fan of sugar but if you liked it, that what's counts!

Good job on the first smoke.

PS: Edit the "ef" word in the post, this isn't the blue room.

PSS: I ain't no moderator.

Back
Top Bottom