first smoke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gordon
Brown sugar is white sugar with molasses added, switch to turbinado or raw sugar. Raw sugar is the first pressing of the cane and the molasses is still present. It also has a higher burn temp so you can get rid of the black color but keep the flavor you like.
Jim

jminion said:
Gordon
Brown sugar is white sugar with molasses added, switch to turbinado or raw sugar. Raw sugar is the first pressing of the cane and the molasses is still present. It also has a higher burn temp so you can get rid of the black color but keep the flavor you like.
Jim

thanks! I saw turbinado listed in some of the rub recipes and had no idea what it was.

gordon,

Congrats on the first smoke, you made it through with flying colors. Thanks for sharing.

Gator

Id eat that !! Some good looking bones you got there...Im a fan of the sugar in rubs..Ive got to try the raw sugar thing...

wittdog said:
Gordon looks great...John I believe that turbinado and sugar in the raw are the same thing...

Are we talking he larger ground type of sugar ? I wonder if mixing maple syrup to raw suger and somehow drying it would work ??

Yes we are talking about the larger sugar..and I dont' think that adding maple syrup would work..JMHO...but you could sub granualted maple sugar for Brown sugar in a rub recipe..like I have known to do..

"Red Neck, White Socks, And Blue Ribbon Beer"

There's no place that I'd rather be
than right here
With my red neck,
white socks,
and Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer

Who sang it ??

wittdog said:
SteerCrazy said:
Don;t mind 'em on the beer Gordon, nothin goes better than a cold PBR 8)
Man I thought you had better taste in Beer.....I haven't had PBR since highschool...

Take what you can get Dave, take what you can get :LOL: once in awhile I don't mind crackin open a cold Old Milwater beer 8)

Old mil isn't bad as long as its rocking cold !!!! One it gets past that stage, it sort of goes bad..just have to drink them fast...MY father in law used to drink Piels lite...uuuggghhh...

john pen said:
Old mil isn't bad as long as its rocking cold !!!! One it gets past that stage, it sort of goes bad..just have to drink them fast...MY father in law used to drink Piels lite...uuuggghhh...

Those kinda beer's are the one's to drink if you plan on drinking A LOT of beer! :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom