First run with the WSM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
Got the 4 pork loins in an apple/orange juice brine sence yesterday. Getting ready to fire up two chimneys of kingsford. I have apple wood for the smoke. Been making an apple/rasin chutney to top the loins after they have been cooked and sliced. Here are the pics of the chutney.

brian j said:
i think it's called wfo (Wide F#cking Open). why would you smoke a pork loin? [smilie=a_whyme.gif]

So, usiing that method, I assume no water or sand in the pan ? Or even no pan ?

john pen said:
[quote="brian j":1y9kvjbb]i think it's called wfo (Wide F#cking Open). why would you smoke a pork loin? [smilie=a_whyme.gif]

So, usiing that method, I assume no water or sand in the pan ? Or even no pan ?[/quote:1y9kvjbb]

Nope, Got some water in the pan.

I had to cut them in 1/2 to make them fit. Sprinkled a little Wolfe Rub O on them.

I'm not discounting any particular method, but you should be able to get the temps up to 300* easily, even with half a chimney. Two chimney and that WSM should be screamin' hot!

Bill just a suggestion, I'd just let the probe hang through the hole. You're blocking your exhaust by 1/3 by putting the cork in the hole. It might not make a difference, but it might. Just my .02.

The chutney looks great, I may try that on the pork loin I bought yesterday on Monday.

wittdog said:
Brian at 300 some odd degrees he's not smoking it just doing it indirect on the WSM...

Good point Dave!!

Hey Bill, what's up?? Where's the pic's?? How are things going??? Inquiring minds want to know!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom