First Cook On Stumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Big Mike said:
Ok Dallas, what on earth are ya gonna do with all these smokers? A Primo, Jed, Stumps, FEC, plus the others we saw in those pics.

I think you have an addiction. :LOL:

Your right Mike, I'm addicted. I like to use analogies, and to me my smokers are like golf clubs, no two alike, each smoker used for a different situation. I'll use two for competitions, the Jedmaster and a smoker to be named later. :D The rest are for backyard use only.

Actually, Dallas is going to give me the Klose off-set...he don't need it now! I'll take that instead of the WSM, if that's ok with ya! ;)

As Charlton Heston would say, "From My Cold Dead Fingers". Now don't get any ideas Greg, I got guns too! :D

That WSM is still available for pickup though!

brian j said:
[quote="Kloset BBQR":c8hoepar]Mike it's hard to say how much smoke the meat got. I had been adding about three chunks of hickory throughout the day when I was seasoning it for a total of about 9 chunks for the entire day. I know that the meat had at least three chunks worth of smoke when I cooked it. I don't think it was overcooked. The hickory taste was just a little strong for me but hey I'm a smoke wimp, my wife and son loved it.
it's really easy to oversmoke a roast. last year i used 3 chunks of hickory when i cooked a beef tenderloin on the wsm and to me it was way over smoked. this year i just used lump when i cooked the rib roast and imho it was mucho better.[/quote:c8hoepar]

That may have been part of my problem Brian as I used all lump for the cook which would have imparted it's own smoke flavor as well. I used Royal Oak and three chunks of Hickory.

Its funny how pets become such a member of the family...We put down one of our pups over the summer (13 years old and faithfull as they come)..was the hardest thing Ive ever had to do..Im glad that everything worked out fior your dog...What an awesome christmas gift...

Oh, and good looking meat...

Thanks John. He's not out of the woods yet but at least we are heading in the right direction. I think half the battle with cancer is being able to detect it early on. In our case he had an earlier bout with cancer in one of his paws and we thought we had contained it by amputating one of his toes. He had periodic tests to see if the cancer had returned and all tests were negative. Now that we know that he has it and has responded well to treatment we will just keep on monitoring it and hope for the best.

Sorry to hear about your dogs. We've had to put down 2 in the last three years (they were both 15 at the time) but like you said it's not easy saying goodbye but it's generally the right thing to do under certain circumstances.

To keep this barbecue related thanks for the comments on the meat. I just cut up the remaining pieces added some head country rub, sauteed some onions in butter in a pan, added the prime rib, with some Head Country sauce (half spicy half regular, and served open faced over toast (we were out of buns). Man that was good. Now today I enjoyed the hickory smoke taste when combined with the BBQ sauce. It was like a McRib on Steroids! :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom