First cook and post

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
Here is a sample of my first cook and post. Lots of first were involved here. 1. New Weber One Touch Silver 2. First time ever using indirect heat method in a kettle grill. 3. First time ever smoking with unlit charcoal. I left the ribs on for about 7 hours I used a 3-1-1 method since they were bb's and still had to leave them on longer. That dried the ribs out to me. I had to cook the steaks on the gas grill because I ran over on the ribs. I have a better feel for cooking ribs on a kettle grill and hope the next ones come out better. My wife thinks that taking pics of food and posting them on the net is about the funniest thing she has seen in a while.

Looks good. How did the ribs taste?

About the pictures on the net. My wife used to laugh also but the other day she said if I'm going to keep taking pictures of the food and posting them we need a new plate.

The ribs had a good flavor to them but the outside was tough. The Wolfe rub made up for it however. They had a very good flavor and I will be using Larry's rub again. The wife and I sat at the table last night for a midnight snack on ribs.

Cliff H. said:
The ribs had a good flavor to them but the outside was tough. The Wolfe rub made up for it however. They had a very good flavor and I will be using Larry's rub again. The wife and I sat at the table last night for a midnight snack on ribs.

Cliff the food looked great! I'm glad to hear you liked the Wolfe Rub!

Larry,
What I really did not expect was that little bit of heat after your done eating that tells your brain to get a beer!!!!
I don't drink!

Cliff H. said:

Q brings the family together. =D> =D>

Good Q!

Jack

Good lookin' food...Ive got my brisket and butt down pretty darn good, but I still haven't made a rib Im happy with ! Yours look good !

Back
Top Bottom