First brisket... A few questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you everyone for helping me through this... I checked the brisket and it definitely felt a lot more tender. The probe seemed to come in and out with less resistance, so I yanked it and put it in a preheated cooler. Since this is my first try i dont have much to compare the resistance to, but it defnitely felt tender. The temp was at 202-203 depending on where I checked. I'll keep everyone updated once I slice it up later...!!! I can't wait for dinner.

I think you'll be fine. You want to let it rest in foil in the cooler for at least an hour and up to 4. There is more magic that happens when it's in there. Next time get one with the point. They are more jucier and tender cause of the all the fat in the point. Also you can pull or cut chunks from from the point and serve (burnt ends). That's my favorite. Post some picts of the slices and dont forget to cut across the grain! Thanks again for sharing.

Everything came out amazing...!!!! The brisket was dead on what I wanted. Flavor was great and it was really tender. I dumped the juices from the foil over the top and that sealed the deal. The pulled pork came out jsut as good as normal... I didn't realize, but I cooked all this BBQ for just me and my girlfriend. Guess we have leftovers for the entire week, plus I'll be feeding some coworkers. Hahahahaa..

The smoke ring wasn't as good as I expected, but it was technically only on the UDS for 2-2.5 hours before foiling..
img_229327_0_0ad0a624e1835bafee7d6e2071d06141.jpg

Thanks again everyone for all the help and suggestion.. I'm doing a full packer next..!!!!

Looks great. Keep in mind when you do a whole packer you'll have 5000 lbs of fat to tend to. Other than the silver skin, I don't trim any of it. It'll fall off like on a shoulder when its done cooking. Just seperate the point and flat when it's done, scrape all the fat off and cut it up like you did above. As far as you left overs.....

http://www.patiodaddiobbq.com/2010/02/p ... ckets.html

Tri Tip said:
Looks great. Keep in mind when you do a whole packer you'll have 5000 lbs of fat to tend to. Other than the silver skin, I don't trim any of it. It'll fall off like on a shoulder when its done cooking. Just seperate the point and flat when it's done, scrape all the fat off and cut it up like you did above. As far as you left overs.....

http://www.patiodaddiobbq.com/2010/02/p ... ckets.html

I follow patiodaddio's blog, but somehow I missed that one... Awesome idea. Kinda looks like a pulled pork empanada. I had to drive around and deliver BBQ care packages to family members this morning. I'm going to grab some biscuits and make some if those tonight. I may have to pick up a full paker while I'm at Walmart. Hahahaaa

Tri Tip - Thanks for the suggestion... The BBQ pocket things are awesome. I made a mixture of brisket and pulled pork. Mmmmmmmmm...

img_229420_0_53bf5349d16a5b14530b11660eb751d1.jpg

img_229420_1_14e6fe6563e0447b8ba7ff2f3d7061bb.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom