Firing up for New Years eve...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Got calls last night from from a couple of my buds that we'll be spending New Years eve with requesting I bring those ABT things, so firing up the WSM and cutting peppers. Also doing a small butt with Ddogs maple rub that Ill shread and chop, add some bbq sauce, wrap in WonTons and deep fry....

Puff said:
John maybe a maple BBQ sauce (wink, wink) would go well with the spread ;)

Great minds think alike...lol

Bill, Ill try, but am having battery issues..actually maby camera issues..I may have to cash my first communion check and look into a new one. My sister works for Kodak and gets killer deals...It kills me though..I payed $49.00 for this one 4 years ago..not sure if I got my moneys worth yet...

john pen said:
Puff said:
John maybe a maple BBQ sauce (wink, wink) would go well with the spread ;)

Great minds think alike...lol

Bill, Ill try, but am having battery issues..actually maby camera issues..I may have to cash my first communion check and look into a new one. My sister works for Kodak and gets killer deals...It kills me though..I payed $49.00 for this one 4 years ago..not sure if I got my moneys worth yet...
I got some beer cans you emptied the last time you were here...you can take them in for the deposit.....those wonton's are killer..that's the voice of experince talking..smoke on John

Butts are rubbed and in...A little Cherry Pig Powder added to the fire to add a little flavor thanks to Witt...

Im having issues with my WSM. Lately, Im having a hard time getting it up to temp...with all the vents wide open, it'll sit at 220 after about 90min. If I open the lid it'll take about 20 min or so to recover. Im wondering if the Sam's club charcol (Kingsford) got damp in their store. I used it all summer without a problem, but the last few times Ive had issues...

Yeah John, I hear ya! Once "normal" people get a taste of ABT's, they want them all the time! I am going to do a traditional turkey dinner myself.

Did I call it the wrong name ? Its like fine sawdust..got it from Wittboy...And by the by..I loved Fatz's rub !!!, but then again, I got what I payed for...

I dumped 20 on...at the 90 min mark it took off and is operating buisness as usual. I think I need to build an insulated windbreak like Witt's..or try to score some old firecoats.

Larry Wolfe said:
Don't blame the delay on Stoli's, John!!! How'd the pork turn out????

Ummm..the Stoli did cause nappage, however the pork looks good...just fixen to pull it and chop it now...this is from last night..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom