Fire in the hole!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
Ribs on! As is a ready to cook butt section ham. Temps are stabilizing over oak, apple and cherry.

St. Louis spares....membrane came off very easily!

Good eatin here this afternoon....ya'll come!

Funny you asked that....my sister is here with her digital camera, and indeed we are! Great pics of the membrane coming off, the weed burner flaming up the coals....will post them as soon as possible.

I'm in between Bypass 17 and Business 17 in Myrtle Beach proper.

Just follow your nose from the NC state line....I'll go throw another couple chunks on to give you some more smoke to sniff!

Ribs cooking a little faster than I thought. Won't be long now.

The ham underneath is almost at the perfect temp.

Neighborhood smells great!

well they were a little overcooked. Not exactly falling off the bone, but a couple of bones pulled right out. Huge smoke ring, good flavor, used a sauce that I didn't like much but everyone else did.

Thought the rub could have used a little more sugar, but all in all very good. Ham is resting, looks well smoked.

It was a ready to cook ham that had already been smoked. I love the way the things taste after a fresh smoking! Ham biscuits for the next few days!

Not only are we looking for flaws, but I think we have higher expectations of what the finished product should be.

I'm not sure I've ever been completely happy with any cook (and there have been many times when I was completely justified!).

I just like to think that someday I'll hit perfection one time, and a bright light will come down from the heavens and .....try to steal my Q!

Capn'n , only once did it happen for me. Luckily, it was a big cook. I had been asked to cook for the employee outing at the course I play. My group was playing as well, so I had to cook the day prior and deliver it so they could reheat, slice, pull, and serve. (Actually, Greg came over and watched me cook the briskets). Well, we played golf and came in to eat. I got to eat that food as an observer instead of someone who spent the whole day cooking and was greasy, smokey, and tired. Best Q I ever ate! Woody

Back
Top Bottom