finally took some pics of a cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spott77

Assistant Cook
img_157505_0_a60b1cb7aa385d93cde1af6a3e0b7be6.jpg

about an hour before foiling

img_157505_1_fe8f418bc859c50f0522d41957e62449.jpg

pulled this morning

MMMMMMMM Chuck.

that one pulled the other I pulled then chopped a bit and put in a pot of burgoo for tomorrow

Burgoo? where you from?

Kentucky. Burgoo really isn't my thing but everyone else seems to like it.

They do look good. What kind of cooker are you using.

its a great smokey mountain el cheapo that I picked up at Wal mart a few years ago. after a couple of mods by adding a charcoal basket it works well.

usually I'm cooking on one of these:
http://www.tuckercooker.com
or our big cooks we have employ the big dog.
http://www.olehickorypits.com/prod.aspx ... &ProdID=11

Thanks guys everything turned out great. Wish I could send you all some. Ha

Captain Morgan said:
trying to remember the stuff about burgoos and brunswick stews...
don't burgoo have mutton in it?

only if you're in owensboro. HA. they have a thing about mutton up there. I just threw some PP, the chuck and a chicken I did on the gasser rotisserre (sp?) then used half chicken stock and half beef stock for my liquid and threw in the potatos, various peppers a green, a red and a jalapeno. Onion, and garlic and a head of cabbage cooked that for a few hours then dropped in the corn and cooked for a few hours more. Had a time getting it thick tried gumbo file it didn't get it thick enough ended up putting about a 1/4 cup of instant mash potatos in it. and that did the trick and didn't effect the taste at all. Like I said early it's really not my thing i don't like it much but around here in Western Ky you gotta have burgoo with BBQ so I make for everyone else. As long as their happy I'll keep making it.

Cook Is Lookin' Real Good spot77 :D
Alot of folks haven't ever heard of burgoo :shock:
Man it's labor intensive to make right!
Lookin' forward to your posts & pics of your cooks!

8)

ScottyDaQ said:
if he's still around ... this thread is almost two years old!

Got a pm from him a couple nights ago thru here at BBQ Central. Turns out he lives less than 1/2 mile away! Small
world :LOL:

8)

Yeah I'm here I lurk mostly. Haven't cooked near as much as I would like lately. But that is going to change if the Global warming we keep hearing about ever kicks in.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom