Finally getting a chance to cook today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After 1 hour in the gumbo the chicken is ready to come out and get shredded…can’t overcook it and let it get stringy…Gumbo is done….

The Italian ABTS are done..they were a big hit and I will defiantly be doing some more of these

Nick the lot behind Buford is McDonalds parking lot...
And the Chuck and Butt are still chugging along in the WSM

Chuck is done…it looks like a meteorite or something but it came out tasting real good….I injected it with a beef injection I’m working on…….. I didn’t foil the chuck…and it cooked a lot quicker than I would have expected…I think it has something to do with the injection….Gators Sucklebusters rub is very nice on the beef…you have a good product there…

The Butt is at it’s 165* stall……

Mam everything looks great Dave!!

Dude if lived at your house I would weigh 600 lbs. :shock:

Butt is done….thanks Secret Santa for the WR I used it today
Ready to come off the WSM

Off the WSM

The handy dandy built in pop up timer says it done….

Bones don’t pull much cleaner than that….
It’s been a good day cooking…everything is done..gonna let the Butt rest and then pull it and have a Sammie with some sauce cappy sent up
The beginnings of a pulled pork Sammie..The WR was very good…of the commercially produced brands I think I like WR the best cuz it is close to the rub I make….

Man Dave,

You are one cooking fool today. :LOL:

Great looking food, I must say. 8)

I might be interested in that gumbo recipe if you feel like posting it. ;)

Thats kinda funny, A guy from down South asking a guy from up North for a GUMBO recipe. :LOL:

wittdog said:
The makings of the Roux

Well I don't know about you, but making your own roux is a such a waste! The stuff in the bag is fantastic, you just can't make it better at home. No way, no chance, uh uh, it ain't happening!!! [smilie=a_takethatfoo.gif]

Cliff H. said:
Man Dave,

You are one cooking fool today. :LOL:

Great looking food, I must say. 8)

I might be interested in that gumbo recipe if you feel like posting it. ;)

Thats kinda funny, A guy from down South asking a guy from up North for a GUMBO recipe. :LOL:
Cliff I'll try to get it posted...it's another one of those....that I don't really measure I just eyeball everything. Larry your right...nothing can be made better at home...... :D Now go fry a picnic and wait for the pop up temp to tell you it's done... :P :D :D

Back
Top Bottom