Few projects today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
We have a couple of little projects going on here today…I was planning on making a meat pie recipe that was in one of my cookbooks….I was going to use the smoked ham from the other day…but then with all this talk of ABTs….I figured a batch of ABTs was the way to go…

Couple of ABTs for the football game and a few to be sliced and added to the PP in the meat pies….I also tried a little something different with a few of the ABTs…a added cream cheese, semi sweet chocolate chips, some vanilla, cinnamon and allspices along with a little bit of coca and some black pepper…I’ll let you know how they come out…

After reading Peters thread about making Sirachia Hot Sauce I decided to have a hand at making some hot sauce of my own…I kind of bastardized his recipe on one batch….The one on the right contains homemade chipotles, habs and garlic and some ancho peppers…it’s going to be mild for the mrs…The one on the left I got a little crazy with…habs, hot peppers….can’t remember the name..the ones u see in a lot of Asian cooking, garlic, a few chipotles, a little cinnamon and some allspice, a tsp of salt and filled with white vinegar and a TBL of Sugar……

Sounds interesting Witt!
The only project I have today is a beef stew in my dutch oven, slow cooked and smoked on my WSM. And lots of beer...... :oops:

Well the weather too nasty down here to cook outside (some of that freezing rain hitting from yankeeland:) so I got the other half of my bottom round (6 lbs maybe) dusted with Lawrys Seasoned salt and black peppa..snugly ensonched in the electric roaster on the slow cook setting. It perched on top of a pile of carrots and swimming in a patented mixture of Minor's beef base..water..black coffee..Lea n Perrin...granulated garlic and onyawn with a bay leaf on top. Thinking to let it chuckle about about 6 or 7 hours to see whut happens. Prob have the warden toss in a few tates somewhere along the way.

bigwheel

ABT’s are done….the chocolate chip filled ones were a success…tasted good…

BW the second pic is for you…don’t let a little freezing rain keep you inside….

That white stuff is called snow

Back
Top Bottom