Fatty Dont's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
I think I will attempt a nice fat fatty tommorrow along with abt's Is there anything that I should not do when smoking a fatty?

Not really Cliff, they are about as easy as it gets!! Rub with your favorite rub and cook till internal temps hit between 160-165, then slice. I've only done 4 of them so far without any flaws. I used regular breakfast sausage the first time, but have used the Maple ever since and they are so much better!!! Good luck!!

Burnt Food Dude said:
Use any ground meat and spices?

BFD, not sure if I understood your ?. But I guess you could make a fatty out of ground meat and spices. But I think they're usually a roll of breakfast sausage, rubbed and smoked. I could be wrong though, cause they're fairly new to me.

Burnt Food Dude said:
I was thinking of using ground beef or spicy bratwurst with some cheese and other stuff inside.

Roll it flat and stuff it like a pork loin. Then roll shut and seal the ends.

Just wondering.

That certainly sounds like a great idea!! And it's making me hungry!!

Cliff, I did my own a couple of weeks back. I used store bought italian sausage. I pushed the meat out of the casings, made a big flat blob of the meat about 1/2" thick. I put a layer of prisuuto(sp) and then a layer of provolone cheese. I rolled it up tight and smoked it until it hit 170*. Let it cool a little and then slice. Here's a post, if you scroll through the thread there are a couple of pics of it finished.

http://www.myfreebulletinboard.com/f2/v ... orum=bbq4u

One of the dont's.............
Don't eat it till the next day, much better :!:

Back
Top Bottom