Fatties Time and Temp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Guys!

I bought Jimmy Dean's Italian sausage and rolled it in rub. I don't know if this is right but it is now on the smoker with a rack of baby back ribs.

That will work fine! You leave it in the casing or remove the casing? I smoke the Italian Sausages, brats, kielbasa and they turn out awesome!

jimmy deans is the more preffered sausage of the south. Comes in the same plastic tube..just like Bob Evans

I've tried Jimmy Dean's maple flavor for breakfast. In fact I cooked it for breakfast for a few years. I'll have to look for Bob Evans brand. I don't know if I've seen it hear in Asheboro. Bob Evan's restaurant just came to Greensboro, NC a few months ago.

Larry as cflatt said the Jimmy Dean's comes in a plastic casing so it was removed or it would have smelled like those plasticl toy soldiers I use to make as a kid. I don't know if anyone remembers those kind of toy soldier you could make by putting them in a mold and melt the plastic....or maybe it was my OLDER brother who did it...along time ago!

The fatty is at 156.

The Jimmy Dean doesn't have the thick skin casing on it. Parks sausage has it and you have to pierce it or the fattie is all fattie when it's done!

cleglue said:
I've tried Jimmy Dean's maple flavor for breakfast. In fact I cooked it for breakfast for a few years. I'll have to look for Bob Evans brand. I don't know if I've seen it hear in Asheboro. Bob Evan's restaurant just came to Greensboro, NC a few months ago.

Larry as cflatt said the Jimmy Dean's comes in a plastic casing so it was removed or it would have smelled like those plasticl toy soldiers I use to make as a kid. I don't know if anyone remembers those kind of toy soldier you could make by putting them in a mold and melt the plastic....or maybe it was my OLDER brother who did it...along time ago!

The fatty is at 156.

Wow I remember those, too cool :!:

wdroller said:
Correct me if I'm wrong. A "fattie" is one pound of breakfast sausage removed from the plastic casing, rolled in a rub, and smoked to 160*. I'll try this with Safeway's Italian breakfast sausage.

In truth it sounds like one big cholesterol capsule.

Yes, but it is one tasty cholesterol capsule =P~

hmmm...hafta wonder what italian sausage tastes like with a biscuit...never tried that combo. i'm gonna do a couple this weekend with a butt, I think I will stay with the regular sausage and maybe roll one in maple syrup. the Bob Evans maple just doesnt have the flavor I'm used to with the Jimmy Dean.

cleglue said:

Okay I understand now. Italian sausage is only sold here in "natural" casings in the link form.

cflatt said:
hmmm...hafta wonder what italian sausage tastes like with a biscuit...never tried that combo. i'm gonna do a couple this weekend with a butt, I think I will stay with the regular sausage and maybe roll one in maple syrup. the Bob Evans maple just doesnt have the flavor I'm used to with the Jimmy Dean.
When I use the Bob Evan's Maple, I always put more Maple syrup on it :!:

I'm gonna try emptying out some Italian sausage this weekend, roll out flat and line it with prisuto(sp) and provolone then roll it up into my own fattie. Somebody mentioned that in a thread a week or so ago and it sounded good. I'll post results. Do you guys think I should take pictures? #-o

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom