Fatties Time and Temp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That has got to be a Heart Surgeon's nightmare! Those might be good served sliced as snacks, but maybe too much as a meal.

Larry Wolfe said:
Nick how's this for your own fatty? Oh yeah babe!

Nick Prochilo said:
I've seen those pictures already. It looks cool but I'm going for a more sophisticated snack! LOL
I hadn't seen them. Don't bother taking pics, Nick ~ No way you can beat Larry's! =P~ =P~

The Joker said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1bjpj1rk]Nick how's this for your own fatty? Oh yeah babe!

Nick Prochilo said:
I've seen those pictures already. It looks cool but I'm going for a more sophisticated snack! LOL
I hadn't seen them. Don't bother taking pics, Nick ~ No way you can beat Larry's! =P~ =P~[/quote:1bjpj1rk]

Okay, if you insist! I wasn't gonna try to beat Larrys, just thought folks might like to see!

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="The Joker":34vrgm90][quote="Larry Wolfe":34vrgm90]Nick how's this for your own fatty? Oh yeah babe!

Nick Prochilo said:
I hadn't seen them. Don't bother taking pics, Nick ~ No way you can beat Larry's! =P~ =P~[/quote:34vrgm90]

Okay, if you insist! I wasn't gonna try to beat Larrys, just thought folks might like to see![/quote:34vrgm90]

As much as I'd like to take the credit for those, I can't. I didn't make them, I got them from another site.

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":292cnt64][quote="The Joker":292cnt64][quote="Larry Wolfe":292cnt64]Nick how's this for your own fatty? Oh yeah babe!

Nick Prochilo said:
I hadn't seen them. Don't bother taking pics, Nick ~ No way you can beat Larry's! =P~ =P~[/quote:292cnt64]

Okay, if you insist! I wasn't gonna try to beat Larrys, just thought folks might like to see![/quote:292cnt64]

As much as I'd like to take the credit for those, I can't. I didn't make them, I got them from another site.[/quote:292cnt64]
Well, they look like something you'd make. (did I just say that?)

The Joker said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":v3s3e7tz][quote="Nick Prochilo":v3s3e7tz][quote="The Joker":v3s3e7tz][quote="Larry Wolfe":v3s3e7tz]Nick how's this for your own fatty? Oh yeah babe!

Nick Prochilo said:
I hadn't seen them. Don't bother taking pics, Nick ~ No way you can beat Larry's! =P~ =P~[/quote:v3s3e7tz]

Okay, if you insist! I wasn't gonna try to beat Larrys, just thought folks might like to see![/quote:v3s3e7tz]

As much as I'd like to take the credit for those, I can't. I didn't make them, I got them from another site.[/quote:v3s3e7tz]
Well, they look like something you'd make. (did I just say that?)[/quote:v3s3e7tz]

I will probably give them a try soon! I'm always game for something new!

Larry Wolfe said:

My heart has now stopped...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Puff said:
Larry Wolfe said:

My heart has now stopped...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Is that applause I hear? :eek:

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":xkqe2hn0][quote="The Joker":xkqe2hn0][quote="Larry Wolfe":xkqe2hn0]Nick how's this for your own fatty? Oh yeah babe!

Nick Prochilo said:
I hadn't seen them. Don't bother taking pics, Nick ~ No way you can beat Larry's! =P~ =P~[/quote:xkqe2hn0]

Okay, if you insist! I wasn't gonna try to beat Larrys, just thought folks might like to see![/quote:xkqe2hn0]

As much as I'd like to take the credit for those, I can't. I didn't make them, I got them from another site.[/quote:xkqe2hn0]

Yeah, you'd probably be dead by now if you had made them.

Captain Morgan said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":q1yb278u][quote="Nick Prochilo":q1yb278u][quote="The Joker":q1yb278u][quote="Larry Wolfe":q1yb278u]Nick how's this for your own fatty? Oh yeah babe!

Nick Prochilo said:
I hadn't seen them. Don't bother taking pics, Nick ~ No way you can beat Larry's! =P~ =P~[/quote:q1yb278u]

Okay, if you insist! I wasn't gonna try to beat Larrys, just thought folks might like to see![/quote:q1yb278u]

As much as I'd like to take the credit for those, I can't. I didn't make them, I got them from another site.[/quote:q1yb278u]

Yeah, you'd probably be dead by now if you had made them.[/quote:q1yb278u]

:ack: ...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

The fatty came out very good. I thought about the cheese and proscuitti but all I had was cheese and I've never tried this before. The ribs were only ok. I sprayed with some apple fruit punch juice my kids drink (I didn't care for it). I don't know why the fatty didn't have a deeper smoke ring. After the initial startup with a chimney of lump I use strictly wood (I used my offset to smoke today)(I'll break the WSM in maybe next week...we have spring break). It was small sticks of white oak. The ribs had a nice smoke ring. The picture weren't the best but here they are anyway. Thanks for the suggestions on time and temperature and the idea to smoke the fatty.

cleglue, that looks awesome!! =P~

Puff, thanks for making us scroooooool way out to the right... #-o

The Joker said:
cleglue, that looks awesome!! =P~

Puff, thanks for making us scroooooool way out to the right... #-o

I was just gonna ask about that! WTF? I thought it was my puter! Dang you Puff, Nick is right about you!

They actually got to 164. I got side tracked for only a few minutes and the 164.

A brisket I smoked back in January I took to 160 or so then wrapped in foil took it to 195 and then removed it from the smoker and wrapped with a towel and placed it in a dry (igloo) cooler. I left the temperature probe in the brisket and it never increased in temperature. I have heard this alot especially watching the Foodnetwork about the meat contiuing to cook.

So is this myth or truth?

I believe because the smoker is at a very low temperature there isn't much radiant heat to increase the meat's temp. after removing it.
Maybe a very hot oven 350 or so is different but I haven't tested it.

When I grill steaks over a very hot bed of charcoal the steaks do continue to cook when removed!

Back
Top Bottom