Family Brisket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NewHeart

Senior Cook
The kids and grandkids were all in town, so I did up a 10 lb brisket[attachment=1:1zr0m6bf]IMG_2981.JPG[/attachment:1zr0m6bf]
It must have been pretty good, because it got 4 thumbs up from the world's toughest judges, the Wittpups.
[attachment=0:1zr0m6bf]IMG_2989.JPG[/attachment:1zr0m6bf]

Looks great. Now guessing that a flat just by looking at it..if so that is a nice sized flat and appears to have been smoke cooked about perfect. Now did you wrap it or just cook it nekked etc. Thanks.

bigwheel said:
Looks great. Now guessing that a flat just by looking at it..if so that is a nice sized flat and appears to have been smoke cooked about perfect. Now did you wrap it or just cook it nekked etc. Thanks.
Thanks for the compliment. Yeppers, a flat. Didn't expect to find one that large. It was cooked as you see it in the first pic, no foil (I was told that is called a "Texas Crutch"--no offense intended-- :oops: ), fat side down, sand in the WSM pan, to 195º. Couple of chunks of oak and one of hickory with lump. Took 11-1/2 hours at 235-250º. The last couple of hours, I spritzed it with apple juice every 30 min or so.

Back
Top Bottom