Eric's first country ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I usually put country style ribs in a disposable aluminum pan with a can of beer and a bottle of BBQ sauce. Let it simmer covered on high heat for about an hour. After an hour brown them on the grill directly, then pour some juice from the pan and serve.
Very simple, but it tastes great.

erik13 said:
I usually put country style ribs in a disposable aluminum pan with a can of beer and a bottle of BBQ sauce. Let it simmer covered on high heat for about an hour. After an hour brown them on the grill directly, then pour some juice from the pan and serve.
Very simple, but it tastes great.

Sounds good. I may need to try this. I guess my problem was how to cook this and get it done without drying them out. I should have known beer was the answer. Thanks much.

Regarding the Thermapin, we wanted something that would give us surface temps (you know, to check the temps of your cooler (beer, meat, etc.) and do the instant read of the Thermapin. Get two meters for the price of one. So we get both with this. I'll try it out and let you know how it works. As long as the holster doesn't look too stupid, I'll take a picture. If I've had too much beer, I might just take a picture anyways.

tricky reheat-more success today

OK, after a few days of shame (eating my tough country ribs and not sharing with anyone), I accidentally stumbled across something. Today when foil wrapping the meat and heating up in the toaster oven, I tried 2 things that helped:
1. double foiled the meat and added some bbq sauce and watered down bbq sauce (for lots of liquid).
2. accidentally left the thing in there at 300 degrees for about 1.5 hours.

Result: not bad. The big chunks came out tender and nothing was scorched. I personally thought the sauce tasted minorly bitter as if burnt, but that might be the nature of the beast (i was using some 'competition' sauce that was more harsh than i'm used to). The combination of Amy's Asian/chicken sauce for the heating and this competition sauce added afterwards combined for a decent taste with a slight amount of heat.

Once i ate a piece and it was tender, I knew it was time to share...So i gave out samples and ended up giving out about a pound and only keeping a pound for myself.

I know how I'll be heating this up tomorrow :) I still have plenty of amy's sauce :( but i'm outta the competition stuff, so I guess I'll dig into their Texas Hot. (which isn't that hot)

Does anyone else have hints/pointers on reheating pork that needs an extended reheating session 'cause they pulled it off the que a little too soon? I like adding some moisture so when its reheating, it can steam a little. I know if the oven is too hot or not enough moisture or too much sugar, it will burn and end up feeding the garbage can. I think there was some juice in this case because there was fat that needed to render and it did! But I'm not sure about tomorrow's batch, so I'll try some sauce and some water, unless any of you have better ideas. After tomorrow, the 10 lbs of country ribs will be gone, and I won't have anything more to write about them.

Nope. I'm ordering straight from Utah. Make sure its in Plain old English. While I can spell Celcius/Centegrade better than Farenheight, I sure can't figure it out. Worse than trying to balance my checkbook after a day of Amy shopping for pots n pans. Just ain't gonna happen. I'd either burn something or undercook it so much that the thing will just run for its life off my grill. Not a pretty site...

Back
Top Bottom