Eeek It's a Gas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Missing Link said:
I have a qusetion for you what is the lowest temp you are able to get?

Thanks,
Missing Link.
About a hundred. I'm going to install a high pressure regulator at the tank conection so I can use it for cold smoking.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
[quote="The Missing Link":xbgphck9]I have a qusetion for you what is the lowest temp you are able to get?

Thanks,
Missing Link.
About a hundred. I'm going to install a high pressure regulator at the tank conection so I can use it for cold smoking.[/quote:xbgphck9]
Pigs FYI I don't know if a high pressure regulator is going to do it for cold smoking...still need to get the wood hot enough to burn.....

Preach on brother corndog! Work smarter, not harder! Guess I make three different kinds of barbecue, #1 For myself and company, #2 for commercial customers, #3 for contests. Cappy had it down in his post. So ifin you come over for some chow, think you can tell the difference on what way it was cooked? :LOL: [smilie=a_rolling.gif]

pigs for cold smoking in that thing just place about three or four lit briquettes in the smoker box and put your wood in there with it

dont use the gas for cold smoking it will get to hot even on the lowest setting

Well if a person really want to cold smoke on that set up or any others..they need to shut off the gas and drag out the one eyed 9 buck electrified hot plate from Wally World. Put a pie pan on top (or a 1/9th SS steam table pan work well if you got it) with whutever flavor wood you might prefer..shut the door and come back later. In fact that cooking contraption looks just like my upright part on Fred. I even got a certified januine Lazy Q burner from Big Jim down in Floriddy. Just how I had it planned to do it for heavy duty cooking chores. Its a small world.

bigwheel

Hay wheel, how is Fred these days? Poor thing sitting in the ding weeds these day's since you went to chili cooking? I'll give her a good home if ya want to give it up. I hope to have my Big Jim this spring. He's a hell of a good man, and can build a great pit. Get off your dead ass and make it to the HTH, A few tanks of gas in the motor home can't kill ya. I hope to see Bob & Ginger along with the pig man jim and wife this year, Big Jim will being cooking hush puppys for sure.

Well actually Fred has seen mo robust days to say the least. He is firmly planted in the back yard behind the driveway gate and the Senor Warden's cherry 1982 Ford Hippy Van which aint budged in two years which is parked directly in front of Fredericka..who always starts less some dummy lets the water run out and the demand pump keeps going or some grand kid decide to turn on the silent furnace blower button etc. He is still holding air in the tires and adoptable to a good family for only 5 K. Add another 5 K and I throw in Fredericka to pull him with. Now that is a great combo. Fred can do 33 briskets without batting an eye in the offset mode and also is the best hot and/or cold mobile smokehouse which has ever been seen. Dont even get me braggin on his direct to semi direct function with or w/o the optional water pan and his being ideally suited for being a Lazy Q. I used to argue with Bob from GA too much on Lineback's old list..plust I has fallen madly in love with Ginger from looking at all Big Jim's pitchers of them get togethers. I dont think Bob would be glad to see me too well. Sides I could not stand to see Wilbur get hurt. It looks like the porcine version of the Texas Chain Saw Masscre to me in some of them photos. I feel guilty to swat flys and dump pizzen on fire ants. Guess I must be part Hindu or something.

bigwheel

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Well actually Fred has seen mo robust days to say the least. He is firmly planted in the back yard behind the driveway gate and the Senor Warden's cherry 1982 Ford Hippy Van which aint budged in two years which is parked directly in front of Fredericka..who always starts less some dummy lets the water run out and the demand pump keeps going or some grand kid decide to turn on the silent furnace blower button etc. He is still holding air in the tires and adoptable to a good family for only 5 K. Add another 5 K and I throw in Fredericka to pull him with. Now that is a great combo. Fred can do 33 briskets without batting an eye in the offset mode and also is the best hot and/or cold mobile smokehouse which has ever been seen. Dont even get me braggin on his direct to semi direct function with or w/o the optional water pan and his being ideally suited for being a Lazy Q. I used to argue with Bob from GA too much on Lineback's old list..plust I has fallen madly in love with Ginger from looking at all Big Jim's pitchers of them get togethers. I dont think Bob would be glad to see me too well. Sides I could not stand to see Wilbur get hurt. It looks like the porcine version of the Texas Chain Saw Masscre to me in some of them photos. I feel guilty to swat flys and dump pizzen on fire ants. Guess I must be part Hindu or something.

bigwheel
:LOL: YOU AINT NEVER GOING TO CHANGE! :LOL:

bigwheel

Well here ya go changing the subject :LOL: Hoping you give us some kinda hint (a high resolution up close photo would work good) about whut be the burner configuration which underlies your obviously highly successful adapation to the lazy Q method. Do your burner look like mine by any chance etc? Think mine is a high pressure turkey fryer burner which got a flexible copper tube instead of a rubber hose..and it sets up on some squatty legs. Do this sound familiar by any chance? Now folks keeps telling me even though you got a high pressure burner it dont act like one unless a person really got high pressure. I dont understand all this techno geek stuff. Thanks.

bigwheel

< :LOL: YOU AINT NEVER GOING TO CHANGE! :LOL:>

I seem to recall Jim Minion saying something to the effect one time 'the heat source doesn't really matter if it's wood, charcoal or propane ... what you want is decent airflow and clean smoke' ... makes sense to me

Yes Greg, sad but true. In a perfect world I would do things different that's for sure, but I must say that the gasser does a pretty good job of turning out decent barbecue. If I lived in the south and could cook on a brick pit with a tin roof all year round I sure would.. Reality of commercial barbecue is, get the best product out at the lowest price, I by no means want to "cheat" my customers, but if they like it and keep coming back for more I'm a happy man.

It aint the cooker its the man or woman that makes the BBQ great or not. There are ways to get smoak without using wood . Just use foils make a pocket place wood chips both dry and soaked fold it back over , seal it and punch holes in it. Presto you got smoke.

Ahh ok...now I see as they blind man was often heard to say. Smart thinning.

bigwheel

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3342508
Here ya go Wheel, this thing sure can whore it out.
Turn a dial and go to bed. A few regular customers asked what I did diffrent becuse they liked the product better. :LOL: I love the thing for small cater jobs.

I bought one of these today for my Dad for Christmas. Paid $65 from Wal Mart and it's the wider one. Couldn't pass it up for that kind of money. Hey Pigs, how much propane do you use for butts?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom