Eating out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
Do you guys order steaks and bbq in restaruants? It appears that some of you guys compete. Yes? Do you guys find restaruants that impress you regularly or would you rather have your own? I usually do not order steak or bbq in a restaruants. I sometimes order ribs from the local joint to compare with what I am doing at home!

It depends on where I'm going. A couple of local resturants here serve a pretty good steak. If it's not one I trust then it's probably gonna be seafood I order.

Cliff H. said:
Do you guys order steaks and bbq in restaruants? It appears that some of you guys compete. Yes? Do you guys find restaruants that impress you regularly or would you rather have your own? I usually do not order steak or bbq in a restaruants. I sometimes order ribs from the local joint to compare with what I am doing at home!

Well I for one enjoy going out now and again espically to one were ya get served a meal, no buffets. My wife and I love The Out Back Steak House , they do a great job on steaks and all the food on the menu .

Ill eat just about anything out...My fav rest. food is Prime Rib...prob 'cause I dont cook it at home. Except for steak, I like to order stuff I dont cook...

And I never order Itialian out. Cant compare to Mom and Dads !

Good question...I only order steaks at two restaurants in my area, New York Prime, and Angelo's. Only order bbq at my favorite local q joint, which I rarely frequent.

I usually order seafood when eating out, because I love it and I'm not the best at preparing it.

The only place around here i'll order a steak from is Logan's Roadhouse they do a real nice job =P~
As far as Q goes the only place i've found is Red Hot & Blue, it's a Memphis pit Q joint :!:

Captain Morgan said:
Good question...I only order steaks at two restaurants in my area, New York Prime, and Angelo's. Only order bbq at my favorite local q joint, which I rarely frequent.

I usually order seafood when eating out, because I love it and I'm not the best at preparing it.

Oh now my wife Niki loves New York Prime , we have seen Angelo`s while in Myrtle Beach just never have eaten there , as far as seafood we always go to Crabby Mike`s for seafood , it might be buffet but the food never taste the same and its all you can eat , they have a heck of a desert bar there!!

Walter, you can afford to eat at NY Prime?!?!?
Angelo's is half the price, not quite as good, but excellent. Steaks are hand cut in the kitchen, and served to you sizzling on a platter, You hear it coming, then smell it, and then it's there!!! Skip the Italian buffet, get the steak at Angelos!

Crabby Mike's is by far my choice for any buffet...they strive to present
entree quality food on a buffet, and while they miss that mark every so
often, they still have better food than most of the ayce buffets serving
Mrs. Pauls down here.

My problem with eating out is that I alway say that I can cook better than that for a lot less $. It may be me, but why pay for a meal that is soso when you can fix it at home for a lot less. IMHO

Captain Morgan said:
Walter, you can afford to eat at NY Prime?!?!?
Angelo's is half the price, not quite as good, but excellent. Steaks are hand cut in the kitchen, and served to you sizzling on a platter, You hear it coming, then smell it, and then it's there!!! Skip the Italian buffet, get the steak at Angelos!

For my wife I will afford it , it is more than worth it just to see the smile on her face as she enjoies it. She puts up with alot its not been easy for a California Lady to adapt to being a Southern Lady but she has mastered it with ease.

Crabby Mike's is by far my choice for any buffet...they strive to present
entree quality food on a buffet, and while they miss that mark every so
often, they still have better food than most of the ayce buffets serving
Mrs. Pauls down here.

Yea you can eat like a King and not go over budget , of course you must go with a empty stomach and pants with a streach waste, LOL. I cant stand different foods that taste the same if I eat shrimp I want to taste it .

I rarely order steaks out, however I like to try Barbecue from places that "specialize" in BBQ to compare what I'm making at home. There are lots of places around my house that do BBQ so I've tried pretty much all of them. I have found one I like alot and it's one of the dumpiest looking places that you can find. The guy does it out of two non-running step vans and an old oil drum smoker. But the others BBQ joints just plain suck and are either too smokey or the meat tastes like it's been sitting in a crock pot for a week.

Larry Wolfe said:
I rarely order steaks out, however I like to try Barbecue from places that "specialize" in BBQ to compare what I'm making at home. There are lots of places around my house that do BBQ so I've tried pretty much all of them. I have found one I like alot and it's one of the dumpiest looking places that you can find. The guy does it out of two non-running step vans and an old oil drum smoker. But the others BBQ joints just plain suck and are either too smokey or the meat tastes like it's been sitting in a crock pot for a week.

Well then Larry you should move down to SC or NC depending on were you are we have BBQ joints all over the place , that because the Carolinas are the center of the known BBQ universe , some of the finest BBQ places are still to this day run by families that have been doing Q for generations.

ScottyDaQ said:

Now chili thats a different story , dont see much of that round here . I I do love good chili and Scotty I did make a copy of you chili the last tiem you posted it and yea I am gonna try my hand at making it.

WalterSC said:
ScottyDaQ said:

Now chili thats a different story , dont see much of that round here . I I do love good chili and Scotty I did make a copy of you chili the last tiem you posted it and yea I am gonna try my hand at making it.

I didn't say anything about chili, I did the popcorn cuz I forsee some comments from the Texans.

The Cowboy Chili recipe is a good one tho ... make sure you use fresh dried chiles and that your powder is ground super fine.

As for eating out, Yeah.... I'm usually disappointed when it comes to things that I know I can make better.

I only order steak if I can get prime, usually at Ruth's Chris or Morton's Steakhouse.

As far as barbecue, I only order it out if its authentic and served at a run down looking place. I'll always look for landmark restaurants when I'm in Kansas, Missouri, Memphis, the Carolina's or Texas.

My favorite so far is Oklahoma Joe's where you can fill up your car with gas, get some great barbecue and hit the liquor store attached to it . Truly a one stop shop.

Kloset BBQR said:
My favorite so far is Oklahoma Joe's where you can fill up your car with gas, get some great barbecue and hit the liquor store attached to it . Truly a one stop shop.
Eat at Joes and get gas! I can see the sign now!
Or eat at Joes and GET gassed!
;.

Hey Walter do you have Bubba's BBQ down by you?
I tried it when we were on the Outer Banks last summer.
I figured it was a chain, but it was damn good :!: =P~

Puff said:
Hey Walter do you have Bubba's BBQ down by you?
I tried it when we were on the Outer Banks last summer.
I figured it was a chain, but it was damn good :!: =P~

The original Bubba passed away about 5 years ago,if I remember
right. I've heard good and bad since. Where were ya, Frisco or
Avon?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom