Easy things to smoke for a Newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for your advice. I will have to try one. Are there any mods that I can make to my Brinkman that would make this an easier cook?

Nick Prochilo said:
Why don't you go and give your brother a hand!

He won't let me come over! :eek:

We live a long ways from eachother. Actually he probably lives closer to you! LOL

Actually, John you should come over and I'll help you out!! :grin:

Larry,

I'd come over anytime if only you didn't live out hiding in the sticks--LOL

I second the idea of the country style pork ribs. We did some over Memorial Day weekend. I think they only took about 2 hours. We just put some rub on them (we used a St. Louis style chicken and rib rub), put them in a roasting pan and put them on the smoker with our brisket. (We started the brisket about an hour or so earlier.) We flipped them about half way through, sprinkling on more rub. Close to the end, we brushed on some bbq sauce. We were able to have the ribs for lunch and then the briskets were ready for supper. We kiept the temp around 225 degrees for most of the cook except for at the very end when we cranked it up because I was not happy with my bean texture. (It was very windy and I was having trouble keeping them up to temperature cooking on the fire box during the day.)

I did some spares last weekend. I rubbed them down with WR and added a little sauce on them the last few minutes. I have only smoked two things so far. I am already thinking of what to do this weekend.

JWJR40 said:
I did some spares last weekend. I rubbed them down with WR and added a little sauce on them the last few minutes. I have only smoked two things so far. I am already thinking of what to do this weekend.
You don't really use that crap, do you? #-o The rest of us just tell Larry we like(and use) it. 8-[

Finney said:
JWJR40 said:
You don't really use that crap, do you? #-o The rest of us just tell Larry we like(and use) it. 8-[
We tell Larry we like him or his rub? 8-[

Puff said:
Finney said:
JWJR40 said:
We tell Larry we like him or his rub? 8-[
Both =D>

JWJR40 said:
I'm a newbie and just got finished with my first smoke. I did a chicken and it came out well but a little dry. Im looking for my next thing to try that is an easy short smoke.
a Bong was very easy back in the day

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom