Easter Turkey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Beer interferred with my schedule yesterday. I had planned on brining todays turkey.........so I mixed up a small batch of brine this morning and injected with my Dial-O-Matic. Put on Junior with a couple apple chunks and hooked up the Digi Q! I also had a little visitor during her Easter Egg Hunt! Check out the blooms on the Magnolia tree, YAY Spring is here!!!!

cool pics...I love my dial-o-matic...used it yesterday.
don't like that clock you have hanging on the deck
though...in fact I hate it.

The king of turkeys strikes again!
Great pics Larry. What I wouldn't give to see green grass again.

Captain Morgan said:
cool pics...I love my dial-o-matic...used it yesterday.
don't like that clock you have hanging on the deck
though...in fact I hate it!

Thanks Jim! My Mom gave that to me my last birthday before she did and it has sentimental value!

For the record, my Mom really did give me that clock. But I was also just trying to give Cappy a hard time, after all he invented that clock! :LOL:

Anyways here are the results of the "Brine Injected Turkey" FANTASTIC! It tasted and had the same moisture content as one I would normally brine over night. So if you don't have time or space to brine this is a great great alternative and I will probably go this route for now on versus messing with brining overnight! I'll post the brine recipe if anyone is interested.

Brine Injection recipe

1 cup Morton Kosher Salt
1/2 cup white sugar
1TBS Granulated Garlic
1 gallon cold water

Now I made that full batch and only used half for a 14lb turkey so plan accordingly.

wittdog said:
How much did you inject?
Salt content ok?

I think I injected a little more than a quart. I did not pump it up like I would have a regular injection because I was scared of it being overly salty.

The salt content ended up being absolutely perfect! I was skeered until after the first bite, but then I was pleasantly pleased!

Larry Wolfe said:
I'll post the brine recipe if anyone is interested.

Brine Injection recipe

1 cup Morton Kosher Salt
1/2 cup white sugar
1TBS Granulated Garlic
1 gallon cold water

Now I made that full batch and only used half for a 14lb turkey so plan accordingly.
I can't believe you posted the secret "Wolfe Brine" recipe! :LOL:
I figured it would be packaged and ready to go by now!!!Just add water!

Green Hornet said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":hsxth98w] I'll post the brine recipe if anyone is interested.

Brine Injection recipe

1 cup Morton Kosher Salt
1/2 cup white sugar
1TBS Granulated Garlic
1 gallon cold water

I can't believe you posted the secret "Wolfe Brine" recipe! :LOL:
I figured it would be packaged and ready to go by now!!!Just add water![/quote:hsxth98w]

Man I need to get you on the payroll! Great idea!

Back
Top Bottom