Early Morning Brisket with Pics...FINALLY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
Got a nice little 10.4lb packer brisket that went on the WSM this morning around 5:45am; using Royal Oak Lump with pecan and cherry wood.

I used a mustard slather and rubbed with The Slabs "Wow Your Cow" rub on Friday night and refrigerated it until this morning. Later on I've got 4 fatties going on that I'll cook up and vac pac 3 of them for later use and probably munch on the other one. Enjoy your Sunday, 40º here and sunny today. Pics to follow.

Sorry about the pics...had camera issues then I had pooter issues.

Because of the camera issues I didn't get any early cook pics.

This is about 6 1.2 hours in, after removing the fatties.

I foiled the brisket at 170º, and added 1cup of beef broth/worsty sauce combo. Removed brisket at 195, separated the point, chopped the point for burnt ends; wrapped the flat and coolered for 2 hours.....this is the sliced flat.

Put sauce on the burnt ends and back on the WSM for 2 hours while the flat was resting.

Brisket sammy and sweet potato fries.

Brisket was OK but it turned out a little dry, not my best effort but definitely edible.

gsmith said:
do you make the fries from scratch or do you buy them frozen? I would love to try them

Those are fresh frozen right from the bag courtesy of our local grocery store. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom