Donated Spare's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

backyardbbq

Senior Cook
My Dad had these spare ribs sitting in the freezer and asked if I would cook em' up for him. I slathered with mustard and rubbed them with Three Little Pigs Kansas City Sweet. This was the first cook with Kingsford old blue bag and I'm pretty happy with the temps, I will have to see how much ash is in the bottom tomorrow. It was an incredibly windy day with the temperatures that started in the 60's and was in the upper 30's by the time I was done cooking. I still managed to keep the temps between 225º and 275º, which is quite a feat for only my second cook on the UDS.
img_229428_0_d04537d83bb4976c60944962cccceb7e.jpg

I cooked up the rib tips and served them up dry as well, the family couldn't agree on what sauce to use. :roll:
img_229428_1_d700ea9f383ab12300f71b5ffeeca51e.jpg

The ribs cooked for 4 hours, were very juicy and just barely fell off the bone. I did have some trouble with the backside of one getting good and charred, not sure how to keep that from happening next time.

Nice looking ribs :) One possibility on the charr- when ur cookin direct try to keep the temps below 250* or the sugar in there might get a little dark on ya.
Not sure if ya did or not, but u might try and flip them 3/4s of the way
My two cents

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom