Dinner Tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A can of lemon seltzer in a rack. Trying something a bit different. No one around the house wants to drink it! Hoping that with the rub it might be a lemon pepper kinda thingy.
;.

Green Hornet said:
A can of lemon seltzer in a rack. Trying something a bit different. No one around the house wants to drink it! Hoping that with the rub it might be a lemon pepper kinda thingy.
;.

That's interesting. Let us know how it comes out. What else did you add?
It looks to me like you have the neck open. Have you tried it with the neck cavity closed?

I've found that if the neck cavity is sealed, the liquid in the can will boil/steam, come up and run down the outer skin, and over the breast meat.

I use a normal beer can. take a screwdriver and punch a couple holes, all the way through ... around the top rim

For the liquid in the can, I use:

3/4 beer
1 small chopped onion
1 T horseradish
2 T garlic
2 T BBQ rub
Ground Pepper
Seal the neck with the skin securing with toothpicks

I'm not saying it's the right or wrong way, just that's it's how I do it.

IMHO, There's nothing better that beer butt chicken. Your friends will rave about it and you'll be their hero forever. :D

:Edit fixed soem typoses

I'm also a neck closer, but instead of covering with skin I put a halved lemon (or whatever) on top...the juices steam and run down the chicken and into the steam...slobber slobber.

I will have to remeber that for next time. It was too late for this lil guy!

Turned out pretty good. The lemon seltzer made it taste a little zesty and a hint of the citrus came through. The wife and kiddies enjoyed it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom