Did a Small Cateting Job This Weekend.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tri Tip

Head Chef
Did a small catering job this weekend. Was booked for 100 but only 60 Showed up. 72 lbs of chicken and 30 lbs of Stubbs. I light the top with my weed burner and it burns down for about 4 hours. The trick is to keep the lid closed as much as possible. It’s like the minion method for grilling. I cooked three sets of 70 pieces. Sides were mashed taters, slaw and baked beans. Also cooked 75 dogs for the kids. Forgot the camera so these shots are courtesy of my BlackBerry.

Hey Mike. Good job. That's a nice shot of your grill basket, as well. You must have been pretty tired after that gig. Did you do that all by yourself?

I decided to start work on my grill on Saturday. Ground out all (well most all) of the paint inside the cooking chamber. There's a few traces here and there that I couldn't get to, in the cracks and such.

What a job! My hands feel like hamburger today but the inside of the pit is down to bare shinny metal. I oiled the inside with vegetable oil and lit a fire with some hickory wood to season the surfaces. Going to give it another blast today to just show it who's boss.

Smokey Lew said:
Hey Mike. Good job. That's a nice shot of your grill basket, as well. You must have been pretty tired after that gig. Did you do that all by yourself?

I decided to start work on my grill on Saturday. Ground out all (well most all) of the paint inside the cooking chamber. There's a few traces here and there that I couldn't get to, in the cracks and such.

What a job! My hands feel like hamburger today but the inside of the pit is down to bare shinny metal. I oiled the inside with vegetable oil and lit a fire with some hickory wood to season the surfaces. Going to give it another blast today to just show it who's boss.

Good job on the grill Lew. Sounds like you'll be cooken in no time. I can relate it took me 4 hours to grind out the paint. I used a dremmel to get in the cracks and grooves but I only got 99% out. I only had Chaney make the basket for long cooks where I want the coal deep. I cooked for almost 4 hours and never added coals. I wouldn't do it with the K. Only Lump or Natural Briquettes. Stubbs doesn't stink or add any off flavor to your food when it's lighting the whole time. You gotta keep the lid closed as much as possable with all the vent plugs in or all that coal will go up in an inferno.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom