Did a couple of briskets also

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
Yeah I picked up 2 the other day at resturant depot. 1 11 1/2 pounder & a 12 1/2 pounder. I wanted to do both so I could foodsave and freeze 1.

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":38yrgerj]Nice looking brisket Nick! How much are the briskets running at Restaruant Depot?

$1.50 per pound[/quote:38yrgerj]

Good deal, thanks Nick! How did the ya'll like the chopped point? That's usually the first to go in my house.

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":1hfle2ws][quote="Larry Wolfe":1hfle2ws]Nice looking brisket Nick! How much are the briskets running at Restaruant Depot?

$1.50 per pound[/quote:1hfle2ws]

Good deal, thanks Nick! How did the ya'll like the chopped point? That's usually the first to go in my house.[/quote:1hfle2ws]

I foodsaved all of that. Any bbq joint I've been to here on the island only serves chopped brisket. Nobody slices it, that I have found. I love it sliced so thats what I ate. I did make a gravy out of the drippings that is great. Strained all of the drippings, seperated the fat, added water and red wine and reduced by about 1/3.

brian j said:
looks great nick, and that IS a good price on brisket. i think the last briskets i bought i paid $2.49 per lb.
Brian that's how much they cost from Wilsons too. How far are you from Charlottesville or a Sams club. They have packers for $1.48lb. It's an hour from me, so when I go I load up!!

brian j said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":z4jpywca][quote="brian j":z4jpywca]looks great nick, and that IS a good price on brisket. i think the last briskets i bought i paid $2.49 per lb.
Brian that's how much they cost from Wilsons too. How far are you from Charlottesville or a Sams club. They have packers for $1.48lb. It's an hour from me, so when I go I load up!![/quote:z4jpywca]
i'm not a member of sam's club. i think the ones at wal-mart are about the same price. i'll have to look at the one in my freezer to make sure.[/quote:z4jpywca]

Yep they're about the same price, but the last couple times I've tried getting briskets from Wally World in Culpeper, they've either been select packers or enhanced flats! :ack: They used to sell choice packers but I haven't seen them there in a while. Which Wally are you shopping, Winchester?

brian j said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":13225pfk][quote="brian j":13225pfk][quote="Larry Wolfe":13225pfk][quote="brian j":13225pfk]looks great nick, and that IS a good price on brisket. i think the last briskets i bought i paid $2.49 per lb.
Brian that's how much they cost from Wilsons too. How far are you from Charlottesville or a Sams club. They have packers for $1.48lb. It's an hour from me, so when I go I load up!![/quote:13225pfk]
i'm not a member of sam's club. i think the ones at wal-mart are about the same price. i'll have to look at the one in my freezer to make sure.[/quote:13225pfk]

Yep they're about the same price, but the last couple times I've tried getting briskets from Wally World in Culpeper, they've either been select packers or enhanced flats! :ack: They used to sell choice packers but I haven't seen them there in a while. Which Wally are you shopping, Winchester?[/quote:13225pfk]

yep, winchester. winchester has 2 super wally worlds including the largest in the country. the big one is west of town like you're heading to romney, wv.

all the packers i've gotten from ww have been choice.[/quote:13225pfk]

I'll have to check out the one in Winchester! I think it's gonna be about as far of a trip for me as the Sam's in Charlottesville. So I'm gonna have to drive a long ways regardless!

Too bad I don't know someone that lives close to Charlottesville that would pick a friend up a case of packers! Bill #-o 8-[

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom