DIABETIC RUB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought I remember hearing that splenda does something weird when it is heated. Too bad this discussion is not in the blue room. Could say something really good concerning salt substitutes for you Kloset. I'll be nice.

if memory serves me right when you heat equal it releases methane...used in cracking it down when they make it.. but I didnt think there were issues with splenda

Captain Morgan said:
Liquid Smoke is sold nationwide. :eek:

Doesn't mean it's a bad thing. Brussell Sprouts are sold nationwide too, and I wouldn't eat those either.

Bruce B said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":1pm9mhp8]Liquid Smoke is sold nationwide. :eek:

Doesn't mean it's a bad thing. Brussell Sprouts are sold nationwide too, and I wouldn't eat those either.[/quote:1pm9mhp8]
I tried them once......once..... yuk!
They kind of look like baby cabbages, to small to stuff :eek:

My Mom is a Diabetic, she loves my rib's, maybe I can hook her up with one of these rubs 8-[

Brussell sprouts and asparagus are top of the list with me. Now, I didn't think so when I was a youngin' like... :-# 8-[

Burnt Food Dude said:
[quote="Uncle Bubba":2tpoqm15]I thought I remember hearing that splenda does something weird when it is heated. Too bad this discussion is not in the blue room. Could say something really good concerning salt substitutes for you Kloset. I'll be nice.

I know regular Splenda doesn't bake well. They came out with a baker's splenda.

Splenda was being used in some sodas to replace nutrasweet. Tried it twice. Both times it left an icky taste.[/quote:2tpoqm15]

Sometimes it gives me a really bad headache. Some of the food Nazis say it's not good for you. Eat sugar, salt, and pork fat. Be happy...die happy. You could get hit by a bus tomorrow and all the precautions are for not. :grin:

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="The Joker":1bqzo093]Brussell sprouts and asparagus are top of the list with me. Now, I didn't think so when I was a youngin' like... :-# 8-[

Yup! Now we're talking![/quote:1bqzo093]

:eek:fftop:

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":146cw0ft][quote="The Joker":146cw0ft]Brussell sprouts and asparagus are top of the list with me. Now, I didn't think so when I was a youngin' like... :-# 8-[

Yup! Now we're talking![/quote:146cw0ft]

:eek:fftop:[/quote:146cw0ft]

2 moderaters brought it :eek:fftop: ! I'm just playing follow the leader! :eep:

Bruce B said:
Nope, haven't ried it. I was just doing a google search and happen to find it and it appears it is sold nation wide so it must be OK.
Thanks Bruce, I'll have to check it out for my dad who can't have salt any more.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom