Devilled eggs w/ smoked apple and chipotle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CarolinaQue

Senior Cook
Here's a recipe that will blow the old devilled eggs you're used to away:

Before the eggs, smoke a decent sized apple (I like using a honey crisp for this recipe). Also smoke up 3 to 4 jalopenos to make them into chipotle's.

Dice up the apple into some what small pieces, along with the chipotle's.

Take 18 hard boiled eggs and prep them for devilled eggs.

To the yolks add the following:

1/4 to 1/3 cup of buttermilk peppercorn ranch dressing
2 to 3 tablespoons of dijon mustard
2 tablespoons of sour cream
2 tablespoons of pickle juice

Mix the above well and then add the diced apple and chipotles and remix to combine evenly.

Pipe mixture into the eggs and sprinkle with paprika. Or a little cayenne/paprika mixture if you're really brave.

Tim

You can use either sweet or dill pickle juice. Whatever your preference. I personally like to use dill juice in this recipe because it cut's the sweetness of the apple a bit. But my wife prefers sweet pickle juice. Guess which one get's made more often?

Tim

CarolinaQue said:
You can use either sweet or dill pickle juice. Whatever your preference. I personally like to use dill juice in this recipe because it cut's the sweetness of the apple a bit. But my wife prefers sweet pickle juice. Guess which one get's made more often?

Tim
Got that right! :LOL: Same thing goes here. Made some hot pepper eggs one time, the guy's loved the them, the women, not so good. :roll: :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom