defrosting ribs - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > General > General Barbecue
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-27-2005, 03:56 PM   #1
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
Pigs On The Wing BBQ's Avatar


 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Akron New York
Posts: 6,922
Raine is corect. If you are short on time in the sink with COLD water works.
__________________

__________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that,
you've got it made. -Groucho Marx (1890-1977)
www.oinktoberfest.com
Team Gruber Mister BBQ
KCBS Citified Judge 8282
Tomorrow is just your future yesterday
Pigs On The Wing BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 04:54 PM   #2
Moderator
 
Nick Prochilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Long Island, N.Y.
Posts: 16,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigs On The Wing BBQ
Raine is corect. If you are short on time in the sink with COLD water works.
If you leave the water running slightly over the pack like pigs stated, they will defrost even faster! Remember COLD water!
__________________

__________________
I hope this isn't negative!
Nick Prochilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 05:22 PM   #3
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
Pigs On The Wing BBQ's Avatar


 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Akron New York
Posts: 6,922
Oh Boy Nick, I know that trick. Ever wonder how many racks of ribs will fit in a standard bath tub with the shower going? I'm not sure how many as I didn't have a chance to count. It was 4 caces total. Every thing was going well till the CEO (wife) woke up and asked 'Why the hell has the water been running in the shower for the last half hour?' A big buck cup of coffee got me out of that deal. I don't recomend doing that, But in a pinch, You do what you have to do.
__________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that,
you've got it made. -Groucho Marx (1890-1977)
www.oinktoberfest.com
Team Gruber Mister BBQ
KCBS Citified Judge 8282
Tomorrow is just your future yesterday
Pigs On The Wing BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 05:59 PM   #4
Moderator
 
Nick Prochilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Long Island, N.Y.
Posts: 16,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigs On The Wing BBQ
Oh Boy Nick, I know that trick. Ever wonder how many racks of ribs will fit in a standard bath tub with the shower going? I'm not sure how many as I didn't have a chance to count. It was 4 caces total. Every thing was going well till the CEO (wife) woke up and asked 'Why the hell has the water been running in the shower for the last half hour?' A big buck cup of coffee got me out of that deal. I don't recomend doing that, But in a pinch, You do what you have to do.
I've never had to defrost that much meat! Usualy it's just that I forgot to take something out for dinner. Water is cheaper than the local resturant!
__________________
I hope this isn't negative!
Nick Prochilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 08:16 PM   #5
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
Finney's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Savannah, GA and Somewhere near Lexington, NC
Posts: 8,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Prochilo
If you leave the water running slightly over the pack like pigs stated, they will defrost even faster! Remember COLD water!
Sounds like you, pigs, me and Alton all know that trick.
It's amazing how much faster they will thaw with just the addition of some dripping water.
__________________
Chris

"Of all the imaginary friends I've had, I don't think there was one that I didn't end up having to kill."

in seach of Umami
Finney is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.