Day off cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Green Hornet

Head Chef
Had a couple of racks left over and decided to try out some new recipies.
Used a BBQ Rub that I had for quite a while but have never tried it out until now. It was heavy on the black pepper. I liked it a lot and am going to make up some more. The sauce was from the Sunday paper Parade Magazine. It was a vinegar based sauce and was a nice compliment to the rub. I foiled this time, which I have not done much before, and used a lil apple juice in the pouch to keep it moist.. Had to do half a rack for the wife plain, cuz she said so.... one used just the rub and the full rack had sauce added duing the last 15 mins or so. They were my favorite.. The wife used up a lot of the Budweiser sauce on hers and was happy.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Great stuff. What's the deal with the Budweiser sauce? George tell's me it's selling like hotcakes at the store.
It is made with Buweiser beer, and has a similar label. We like the taste of it. It has a nice balence to it. I have not seen it in stores here. I got it as a promo and have only seen it online. Try it if you can get it. Not bad for a bottled sauce. I couldn't really taste any beer flavor, most likely because Bud doesn't have any flavor profile to it to begin with. More of a novelty I guess. If it were Guiness I would think it would come through more. The masses are not ready for something like that yet, I guess. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom