DAY OFF COOK!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
I have Friday off, i'm finally going to do that 11lb. packer (RE: The big baby) I was supposed to do last Sunday.
But do to a nice day, and a bunch of friends stopping by, the alcohol consumption ruined my plans :)
Also doing some Salami, and 2 racks of spares.
I have a funeral wake to go to Saturday, and I figured I could take alot of the food with me. ( random act of kindness)
I hope to get the brisket on by 9 am( kind of late).
The weather looks like it's not going to cooperate #-o
John Penn has me thinking a.b.t."s, I might throw a couple of those on too!

Hey Puff, ggod luck with it! Maybe throw it on tonight if the weather isn't gonna give you a break tomorrow. Is this the same brisket or a different one? Didn't you have the original one on the smoker for a while?

Nick Prochilo said:
Hey Puff, ggod luck with it! Maybe throw it on tonight if the weather isn't gonna give you a break tomorrow. Is this the same brisket or a different one? Didn't you have the original one on the smoker for a while?
Nope, same one :) . I froze it :) , it never even hit the smoke :)
I've been going since 5 a.m., Just don't have it in me tonight.
Their calling for rain Friday, it's still supposed to be warm. I have a big awning on the back of my house, I should be okay [-o<

Puff said:
Nick Prochilo said:
Nope, same one :) . I froze it :) , it never even hit the smoke :)
I've been going since 5 a.m., Just don't have it in me tonight.
Their calling for rain Friday, it's still supposed to be warm. I have a big awning on the back of my house, I should be okay [-o<

Hey, just stand out there wth an umbrella! Should be done in 15 or so hours. Good luck with it! Hey....and don't forget the pictures!

I have a big awning on the back of my house, but it's just not going to happen tonight. :tired:

zilla said:
You should be able to do it in less time than 15 hrs no?
This is only my second brisket( new at Q).
The first one I did was a 9 lb. packer, it took about 8 hrs.
I'm thinking with this one, it will be more like 11 hrs.
Depends on this damn Mi. weather #-o

Doing good is it's own reward. That a good idea to take the food to wake. How are you planinng on doing the salami?

What is this salami you speak off ? Just a note about those abt's. Resist the urge to use thick cut bacon. IMO it takes to long to cook and the cream cheese seems to "melt" away...

wittdog said:
Doing good is it's own reward. That a good idea to take the food to wake. How are you planinng on doing the salami?

I was just kidding about the (random act of kindness) thing, like you said "no good deed goes unpunished".
The recipe i'm using for the salami is Oompappy's, you can find it in the general BBQ archives, page 2.
I'm still trying to learn how to pull topics out of there, and just post a link #-o
It's some good stuff, i've made it several times :!:

john pen said:
What is this salami you speak off ? Just a note about those abt's. Resist the urge to use thick cut bacon. IMO it takes to long to cook and the cream cheese seems to "melt" away...
But I love the thick sliced #-o
The salami is Oompappy's recipe :!:

Bryan S said:
Puff said:
Thanks Bryan, that salami is some good stuff =P~
No problem. I screwed it up the first time and just deleted the post then reposted. :)
Puff, save the beer drinking till after the pit is lit and the brisket is on. :D
#-o
I'll try :!:

Puff said:
wittdog said:
Thanks Bryan s
Sorry I couldn't post it like that #-o
Try it out :!:
No problem puff, do I try the salami rec or the waiting till after the brisket is on to start :bar: ?
I’ve done salami in Lectro smoker after stuffing in casing. Just not on BBQ rig. I will give it a try and let you know how it comes out.

Perfect weather this morning!
Brisket and salami went on at 9am. I'm using black cherry, and a little hickory.
Salami should be done around 12:30.
Ribs go on after that, it's a good day to be alive!!

Pulled the salami off at 165, brisket is at 130.
Outside temp. almost 80 :happyd:
Ribs goin'on at 1:30.
Life is good :grin:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom