DAY OFF COOK!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You two are screwin' up my screen................................................................................................................................................... #-o

Nick Prochilo said:
Finney said:
I'm from the south... we put gravy on ..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................gravy.

why..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................?
Because.................................................................. we like gravy. 8-[

Puff said:
You two are screwin' up my screen................................................................................................................................................... #-o

And.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Quit it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ok

john pen said:
Puff, I hate to drag this back onto topic, but did you wrap in in the cooler ?
Yes, I guess I didn't wrap it tight enough.
Thanks for bringing it back on topic,this is serious stuff for me.

It doesn't have to be wrapped real tight Puff. Just warp in foil, (I use 2 layers), then I wrap in newsapaper and stick it in a cooler and add more newspaper on top. If I have to hold it for 5 or 6 hours, Ill pre heat cooler with hot water, add a couple of heated bricks wrapped in foil & newspaper than add the wrapped brisket.

Larry Wolfe said:
wittdog said:
Looks pretty good to me. Nice smoke ring on the Brisket. The ribs look good too. The Brisket may have dried some if you left the salt on when you refroze it. Salt is a preservative and will dry out the meat.

Dog, what salt are you referring to?

Larry I had thought that Puff had Rubbed the Brisket and then refroze it. Thus causing a jerky effect.

wittdog said:
Larry Wolfe said:
wittdog said:
Looks pretty good to me. Nice smoke ring on the Brisket. The ribs look good too. The Brisket may have dried some if you left the salt on when you refroze it. Salt is a preservative and will dry out the meat.

Larry I had thought that Puff had Rubbed the Brisket and then refroze it. Thus causing a jerky effect.

Oh, Okay!

Larry Wolfe said:
wittdog said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1t1vw56y]
wittdog said:

Oh, Okay!
[/quote:1t1vw56y]
Larry, whats your'e take on this, what do you think I did wrong? :(

Puff said:
Larry Wolfe said:
wittdog said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3jdt1fsn]
wittdog said:

Oh, Okay!
Larry, whats your'e take on this, what do you think I did wrong? :(
[/quote:3jdt1fsn]

I dunno bud........First thing I'd do is calibrate your therms.

You also mentioned when you put it in the cooler all the juices leaked out, that could have played a big part in the dryness as well.

Back
Top Bottom