DAY OFF COOK!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Joker said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":23gsqd51]Your right, it could be both your brother and your sister! #-o
:lcry:

Everything looked good to me, Puff ... Well, everything that was on your cooker, that is. :eek:[/quote:23gsqd51] Are you making fun of my sister......I mean my brother.... :-X

I think it looks good too... THE FOOD!
Even if the brisket was a little dry ... BFD!
Chop it up and use it in something like Stew or Chili. It'll be the best EVER!

Dam.. now if there was only a place with some good chili recipes.

:-k :-k :-k

Well... I'm sure you'll find one somewhere.

The Joker said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":11kbqhy6]Your right, it could be both your brother and your sister! #-o
:lcry:

Everything looked good to me, Puff ... Well, everything that was on your cooker, that is. :eek:[/quote:11kbqhy6]

:lcry: :lmao:

ScottyDaQ said:
I think it looks good too... THE FOOD!
Even if the brisket was a little dry ... BFD!
Chop it up and use it in something like Stew or Chili. It'll be the best EVER!

Dam.. now if there was only a place with some good chili recipes.

:-k :-k :-k

Well... I'm sure you'll find one somewhere.
Thanks Scotty, Iplan on choppin' it up and taking to the wake tonight.
I heard I could put beef broth in it, good idea, or bad idea?

I wish I could find a good place with chili recipes :-k
Come everybody lets talk chili!, Anybody have any good links 8-[

diverdave said:
Puff the food looked great. I might have dated your sister or brother in high school. I would give you my recipe for chili but than I would have to kill ya. :spell:

:ack:
:eek:

I chopped the brisket up, threw in some of the drippings & some sauce.
There wasn't one bit left by the end of the night :eek:

wittdog said:
That's good Puff. Happy to hear that it all worked out.
Thanks Wittdog :!:
It was only my 2nd brisket.
But like you said we just keep on trying :grin:

wittdog said:
Looks pretty good to me. Nice smoke ring on the Brisket. The ribs look good too. The Brisket may have dried some if you left the salt on when you refroze it. Salt is a preservative and will dry out the meat.

Dog, what salt are you referring to?

Puff, give us more details about your brisket so someone can chime in and help you out for the next brisket. The first thing that stood out to me in your post is you say you cut about 2" of fat off. The only fat I cut off is the hard fat and I leave the rest on until time to slice. Also what temps did you cook it at? Have you calibrated your thermometers? Without calibrating it could have been done long before the themometer said it was.

Larry Wolfe said:
wittdog said:
Looks pretty good to me. Nice smoke ring on the Brisket. The ribs look good too. The Brisket may have dried some if you left the salt on when you refroze it. Salt is a preservative and will dry out the meat.

Dog, what salt are you referring to?

Puff, give us more details about your brisket so someone can chime in and help you out for the next brisket. The first thing that stood out to me in your post is you say you cut about 2" of fat off. The only fat I cut off is the hard fat and I leave the rest on until time to slice. Also what temps did you cook it at? Have you calibrated your thermometers? Without calibrating it could have been done long before the themometer said it was.

Man with all the excitement of that cook , I was pretty bummed out.
I think a couple of the guys thought I had either, rubbed the brisket, or smoked it for a while then froze it.
It never came out of the bag.
As far as the fat cap goes, I only cut off the hard fat, it had about 2 in. of fat still on it when I cooked it.
I haven't had my thermomometer calibrated, but I did add another one closer to the grate today.
I kept the temp at 200-225.
The temp shot way up at the end, almost 300.
In the cooler all the juice leaked out.
I did spritz it with apple juice& a little Dr. Pepper.

Finney said:
It all looked good to me Puffy. Gravy is easy.
Nick, I don't remember 'ripping' you for gravy on a brisket. :) Maybe it was how you made gravy?.?.?

My mistake....sorry, It was Bryan who ripped me up!

I'm from the south... we put gravy on ..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................gravy.

Finney said:
I'm from the south... we put gravy on ..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................gravy.

why..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................?

Back
Top Bottom