DAY OFF COOK!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, 9hrs. later, here it is!
I cut the point off the brisket, and threw it back in till the fire dies(gonna' do some cheese too)
The brisket came out good, but kind of dry #-o
The ribs, perfect!
I was kind of disappointed at the thickness of the flat, cut at least 2 inches of fat off of it!

http://img189.imageshack.us/slideshow/p ... 89ec4.smil
The big baby is done, but she is one tough little bitch to cook :!:

Looks pretty good to me. Nice smoke ring on the Brisket. The ribs look good too. The Brisket may have dried some if you left the salt on when you refroze it. Salt is a preservative and will dry out the meat.

wittdog said:
Looks pretty good to me. Nice smoke ring on the Brisket. The ribs look good too. The Brisket may have dried some if you left the salt on when you refroze it. Salt is a preservative and will dry out the meat.
Never even took it out of the vac. bag :eek:

Nick Prochilo said:
It did look a little dry, (maybe some gravy would help it), but a nice smoke ring. Now those ribs, man they look fantastic!
I guess i have alot to learn #-o
Especially about gravy 8-[

Basically I just add some water to the drippings; the amount depends on how strong of a taste you want. It also affects how thick it is, but you can adjust that by heating your water/dripping mixture, and adding cornstarch mixed with a little water to make a paste (this prevents the corstarch from clumping in the gravy). Heat up the water/drippings to a boil in a saucepan, add cornstarch, and stir until it thickens (a couple minutes). Wait before adding more cornstarch if it seems to thin; otherwise you may end up with gel. Sorry I can't be more specific about amounts; I will try and pay attention the next time I make it and give you more of an actual "recipe". It's just like making gravy for a Turkey.

wittdog said:
Basically I just add some water to the drippings; the amount depends on how strong of a taste you want. It also affects how thick it is, but you can adjust that by heating your water/dripping mixture, and adding cornstarch mixed with a little water to make a paste (this prevents the corstarch from clumping in the gravy). Heat up the water/drippings to a boil in a saucepan, add cornstarch, and stir until it thickens (a couple minutes). Wait before adding more cornstarch if it seems to thin; otherwise you may end up with gel. Sorry I can't be more specific about amounts; I will try and pay attention the next time I make it and give you more of an actual "recipe". It's just like making gravy for a Turkey.
Thanks Witt, you know your'e stuff :!:

Bruce where are you?
I told the neighbors you were comin' :eek:
The "girl's want to meet you"

Nick Prochilo said:
Puff, stop posting pictures from your family reunions!

The worst part is after all those Bud Lights she is a hottie to Puff.
Puff has is beer goggles on :bar: Just don't wake up next to her in the morning.:ack:

wittdog said:
Nick Prochilo said:
Puff, stop posting pictures from your family reunions!

The worst part is after all those Bud Lights she is a hottie to Puff.
Puff has is beer goggles on :bar: Just don't wake up next to her in the morning.:ack:
That is my sister :-X

Puff said:
chris1237 said:
Food looks great!!! =D> =D>
All "kidding aside" thanks Chris, real bummed out about the brisket :-(

Dont feel bad I have runined about 3-4 briskets by under cooking them. In fact the only good one have done was the last on.

Chris

chris1237 said:
Puff said:
chris1237 said:
Food looks great!!! =D> =D>
All "kidding aside" thanks Chris, real bummed out about the brisket :-(

Dont feel bad I have runined about 3-4 briskets by under cooking them. In fact the only good one have done was the last on.

Chris
My first one came out better #-o
Oh well, i'll keep tryin' :!:

Nick Prochilo said:
Your right, it could be both your brother and your sister! #-o
:lcry:

Everything looked good to me, Puff ... Well, everything that was on your cooker, that is. :eek:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom