DAY OFF COOK!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Puff said:
Pulled the salami off at 165, brisket is at 130.
Outside temp. almost 80 :happyd:
Ribs goin'on at 1:30.
Life is good :grin:

With a little bit of arm twisting, I would have gambled with my own personal safety and made a trip to south Warren today to help supervise this extensive and sometimes tricky cook. Maybe to drink some of your beer, too.

Bruce B said:
Puff said:
Pulled the salami off at 165, brisket is at 130.
Outside temp. almost 80 :happyd:
Ribs goin'on at 1:30.
Life is good :grin:

With a little bit of arm twisting, I would have gambled with my own personal safety and made a trip to south Warren today to help supervise this extensive and sometimes tricky cook. Maybe to drink some of your beer, too.
Come on down!!
Be glad to have ya'!!
Plenty of beer in the fridge, I think i'll have one right now :grin:
Ribs just went on :grin:
Brisket at 145

Brisket is at 165ish and foiled :happyd:
Bud Light count is 5, and climbing :grin:

Bob-BQN said:
Puff, looks good so far! :D At least someone is enjoying their Friday!

I get to cook 3 briskets, 40 pounds of chicken parts, and a turkey breast tomorrow.

In the mean time, I'm enjoying your cookout.
WOW :eek:
That is alot of meat :!:
Good luck :!:

Brisket is at 180, it's taking forever 8-[
Ribs are foiled(I'm doin the 321 method) 1 more hour then sauce 8-[
Bud Light count 7, and climbing :!:

BAM!!, there she went, shot up to 195 #-o
Brisket is now resting comfortably in a cooler.
I'll give it an hour, I can't wait no more 8-[

Can't wait to see the finished product. Are you going to makes some gravy out of the drippings? Now you can really start to :bar:

Man I messed up #-o #-o
When I put the brisket in the cooler, I put it in wrong and all the damn juice leaked out #-o
I was going to use that sat. when I re-heat it for the wake #-o
Ribs are out and sauced 8-[
Bud Light count at 8, and climbing :bar:

Looking good Puff! Good thing Bruce didn't come over, you all would have gotten s#@tfaced and screwed up that cook for sure! Glad all turned out well.

wittdog said:
Tell me you had a drip pan under the brisket when it was cooking? Dude where’s the gravy? :-(
Oh yea, had a drip pan under it , thats the gravy you wre talking about?
If it was then i'm still in buisness :grin:
I was bummed about the juice leaking out of the foil #-o
Bud Light count at 8 (I think :eek: )

Nick Prochilo said:
Looking good Puff! Good thing Bruce didn't come over, you all would have gotten s#@tfaced and screwed up that cook for sure! Glad all turned out well.
I am on my way to that right now #-o

If all you are drinking is budlite, and been doing so all afternoon, and your getting s#@tfaced already then your name Puff fits you well!

never was a beer drinker...but I think its a good thing that 15 yr old scotch doesnt come in 6 packs :grin:

wittdog said:
Yeah you can use those drippings to makes gravy or an au jus.

Got to watch out for those damn Southerns when you talk about gravy with brisket! Finney ripped me apart one time ofr mentioning that, so now I do it and don't tell him!

Nick Prochilo said:
wittdog said:

Got to watch out for those damn Southerns when you talk about gravy with brisket! Finney ripped me apart one time ofr mentioning that, so now I do it and don't tell him!
Sausage Gravy and Biscuits, Chicken Fried Steak with gravy, but no gravy on brisket? No wonder they are still fighting the war of Northern Aggression. It’s not like I’m telling him to put any kind of gravy on, but gravy made from the brisket drippings.

wittdog said:
Nick Prochilo said:
wittdog said:

Sausage Gravy and Biscuits, Chicken Fried Steak with gravy, but no gravy on brisket? No wonder they are still fighting the war of Northern Aggression. It’s not like I’m telling him to put any kind of gravy on, but gravy made from the brisket drippings.

Can you imagine what it's gonna be like when they find out they lost the war?

Back
Top Bottom