Dad's coming over to learn how to make him up some Ribs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScottyDaQ

Master of All
My Dad (Trekr) is coming over today we're doing ribs from start to finish. I explained what a good ribs tastes like when we were sampling some of the Q joint down in FL. Now he gets to taste em.

ScottyDaQ said:
My Dad (Trekr) is coming over today we're doing ribs from start to finish. I explained what a good ribs tastes like when we were sampling some of the Q joint down in FL. Now he gets to taste em.

Scotty who's teaching ya'll how to cook the ribs??? :eek:

I wish my dad liked doing things with me! You're a lucky guy! Hope ya'll have fun!

Larry Wolfe said:
ScottyDaQ said:

Scotty who's teaching ya'll how to cook the ribs??? :eek:

I wish my dad liked doing things with me! You're a lucky guy! Hope ya'll have fun!

Larry, come here and sit down on my couch. There , there. Now how does it make you feel when your father doesn't want to do things with you? How old were you when you stopped nursing? 15!!!!!!!!??????? :craze:

Turned out to be three racks ... They've benn on an hour so far.

Larry, I'm the teacher. Muuuhahahaaaaaaa! :( Plenty of boiling water and liquid smoke on hand, don't worry.

I'm taking pics and will post em when I can.

Well So far.....

After the trimming ... Man they were small. The biggest they had though.

Rubbed. (sniff....no Pig Powder.)

After 2 hours ... I had 2 on the top grate, and one on the bottom.... I switched em and spritzed with a little apple cider

Smack.... Smack... Mmmmm Dat were good.

Dear ol Dad was a good student, and asked a lot of good questions.

Here we go...

Took em out of the foil

Put some ABT's on the kettle

ABT's half way there.

The final hour

I think them ABT's are done.

A little spritze of Cider, and a little mop o sauce.

ABT's anyone?

And the rest.... At this time .... the poeple at the table were saying WTF is he doing with the camera? .... I'm hungry!

They tunred out "OK" IMO. ... But I still got the all beloved "These are the best ribs I've ever ...." :(

Scotty,
A+ on the ribs and he ABT's brotha! If they tasted as good as they looked everyone had to be happy! Good job!

Cruising said:
What exactly does ABT stand for?

"Atomic Buffalo Turd"

Back
Top Bottom