Cut a butt in half

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
gjabo178 said:
I'm going to cook a butt on a ECB (gourmet version atleast) this weekend.
From what I've read the ECB isn't exactly a leave it and forget it smoker.
Well I have a 11 pounder and I'm curious if I can cut the cook time in half by cutting the butt in half.
I don't want to babysit this thing overnight so if I have two 5 pounders it should take 9-10hours instead of 20hours?
Any downsides to chopping this thing in half?
Thanks
Greg

Welcome aboard Greg! Yes, you're plan will work and will also add another benefit, extra bark due to the extra area you will have to add rub to!

Larry Wolfe said:
gjabo178 said:
Well I have a 11 pounder and I'm curious if I can cut the cook time in half by cutting the butt in half.
I don't want to babysit this thing overnight so if I have two 5 pounders it should take 9-10hours instead of 20hours?
Thanks
Greg

Welcome aboard Greg! Yes, you're plan will work and will also add another benefit, extra bark due to the extra area you will have to add rub to!

Unless you dont like a lot of bark then you can FOIL and have moist Q a little faster.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":v5ib1zqt]
gjabo178 said:
Thanks
Greg

Unless you dont like a lot of bark then you can FOIL and have moist Q a little faster.[/quote:v5ib1zqt]

What's Q without bark??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom