Cowboy charcoal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bbqbrad

Cook
Went to Ace, and today is the last day for a sale on Cowboy Charcoal. 11.99 for a 20lb bag.

Just a heads up!

Thanks for the heads up, the last time it was on sale at my ACE it was 8.99 a bag, but that may have been a grand opening special. I will check it out

Green Hornet said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":9thbsur2]FWIW...Cowboy lump is not very good stuff!
Gotta agree. Burns way too hot and fast for me every time I have ever tried it.[/quote:9thbsur2]

Ditto and Ditto

I would rate their lump briquette higher than the kingsford comp stuff. Burns hotter, longer, and less stink than KF.

Lump Briquette ratings...my personal ratings:

:
#1 Rancher
#2 Humphries 100% all Natural Briquette(new)
#3 Cowboy Lump Briquette
#4 Kingsford Competition Briquettes

BigGQ said:
Green Hornet said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":25zivemt]FWIW...Cowboy lump is not very good stuff!
Gotta agree. Burns way too hot and fast for me every time I have ever tried it.

Ditto and Ditto[/quote:25zivemt]

But what other brand adds pieces of plywood & golf ball size rocks??? One bag of that stuff was enough for me.

BigGQ said:
Green Hornet said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":1pt73esw]FWIW...Cowboy lump is not very good stuff!
Gotta agree. Burns way too hot and fast for me every time I have ever tried it.

Ditto and Ditto[/quote:1pt73esw]

the same thing here . i really like Stubbs coles. my 2 cents .

Every brand seems to lack in the QC dept. I've found twine inside Kingsford, bricks and insulation in Royal Oak, and metal wire in ummm can't remember what brand it was...something like Miya ??

I was never quite sure which pieces should go in the chimney, the foot long floor planks, or the pieces so small they fall thru the grate. :) Plus watch the fireworks.
I used the Wicked Good Weekend Warrior Blend for a brisket and butts in my WSM this weekend. Once it got up to temp, it lasted 12-13 hours at 240 with little ash. I was able to put in a small amount to continue on with some chicken. With the Kingsford briquets, there was always so much ash, that I'd have to perform some maintenance before adding another load.

both comp's we did with Dragon's Breath. We got a call
20 lb bag for $ 11.50
We like this brand best,,,,,

BUMP...

and.... Can someone please explain how a piece of rotting wood could make it into a bag of char?

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f1WFtYQrKOM&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f1WFtYQrKOM&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Back
Top Bottom